Friday, August 2, 2013

Sad to say goodbye...

This was the week we've been dreading where we've had to say goodbye to Steve's family as they venture off to Nebraska.  Wednesday we headed down there in the afternoon (after Steve had to go to work for the half the day at the last minute).  The packers and movers for them were way behind schedule so they were still working when we were supposed to be able to clean.  We went to Grandma Chandler's house to hang out with Angie and Tyson for a couple of hours and then left all the kids with Grandma Chandler so Steve, Angie and I could go help clean.  We grabbed dinner for everyone and at about 6:30pm we got to work.  We cleaned everything (fridge, baseboards, bathrooms, vacuuming, shampooing carpets, etc.) as they were still pulling furniture out.  They finally pulled away with the truck at 9:30pm.  I left at 10 to get the kids in bed and everyone else got back to Grandma Chandler's at 11pm.  A late and exhausting night.

Everyone was up bright and early and after a couple of hours of them getting all the last minute things packed up it was time to say goodbye.  This was the moment that I would get choked up just thinking about so of course the tears flowed.  I of course cried the whole drive back to Idhao Falls. It's funny that Steve and I went years without living close to his family and now it's so hard to have them be far away.  As Steve and I have talked about, it's having kids that changes all of that.  Sad to know they don't live near either of their grandparents.  It's especially sad that Preston will be so far from his best friend. It's been so wonderful to be this close to them for the past 2 and a half years and the optomistic view on it is that we were lucky to have that time together.  It's hard and sad and I am very envious of people that have both sets of parents close by.

Change is hard.  I know this move is hard on them and hard on us being left in Idaho.  Our future is so uncertain and we have no idea where we might end up.  A lot of change going on for us!

Steve went with them to help them with the big drive so he'll be gone until late Sunday night.  Thankfully my mom planned a visit and flew in last night.  So good to have her here to hang out and make sure I'm not a depressed mess feeling alone in Idaho!

No comments: