Saturday, July 18, 2015

Kaley is 1!!

My sweet baby girl turned one this past Wednesday, July 15th!  This year has gone by so stinkin' fast, it really is crazy.  We had a fun day helping her celebrate (which does feel a little weird since I'm sure she doesn't really care either way and we can't exactly ask her what she would like to do!).  The kids and Steve went and picked a few decorations and a few small toys for her.  I had fun making her a "1" onesie for her to wear for her big day.  I got some great pics of her outside!  We went to Pizza Pie Cafe (a pizza/pasta/salad buffet place super close and a family favorite) since Kaley could go to town on the little stuff from the salad bar.  She had fun opening presents and got spoiled by her grandmas and aunt.  For dinner she got to get crazy with some chocolate cake!  I think she had a good day!!

She was waving to me!
Scrunchie face!
Seriously, this girl!









I love this age in babies.  Their personality is just starting to shine but their not throwing tantrums yet!  My little girl is still crawling everywhere and pulling herself up to standing.  She loves to put things away into baskets and buckets, wave, play peek-a-boo, wave, and clap.  She's a good eater and loves baby food and hasn't gotten picky yet.  She's a good sleeper too, with two good naps a day and sleeping through the night all the time now.  She loves to watch and play with her brother and sister.  Preston especially can get the best laughs out of her.  She has started to give lots of hugs and cuddles by laying her head on my shoulder and sometimes she pats my back, love those moments. She definitely is on the more cautious/nervous side of things and takes awhile to do things and to warm up to things, definitely different than my other two.  My sweetie is on the little side.  I took her to her one year check up on Thursday and she only weighs 16 lbs. 10 oz. and is 27 inches tall.  She's been my smallest one year old!  She is barely wearing size 12 months with lots of smaller stuff still fitting.  She's just so petite, but I love that it makes her seem like a baby even longer!  Our favorite time for Kaley is bath time, she loves baths and sometimes takes them with Preston.  When we get her undressed we all sing a silly song that goes "I like to booty, booty!" to the song "I like to move it" from Madagascar.  She smiles and laughs and kicks like crazy!  My baby is one!!  

To top off her birthday festivities, my neighbor/friend bakes and sells fancy cakes/cupcakes and has just started working with a photographer to offer cakes for one year photo shoots for the babies to eat and smash.  They were looking for babies who were turning one to do promotional shoots to start offering these new packages.  I was able to contact the photographer, and our little miss Kaley got to be a little model for a cake smashing photo shoot, best part was that everything was supplied, we get 8 edited images, and it was all FREE.  Kaley did a great job and was super duper cute, it was so much fun.  Here is just a sneak peak we got today, can't wait to see the rest!!

No comments: