Wednesday, April 6, 2016
27 Weeks!
I am officially 27 weeks, woot woot! Although we definitely didn't/don't want them to come super early, it was comforting to get to and pass the 24 week mark and know that these babies would actually have a chance if they came super early for some reason. Let's do a little update...
The girls! They continue to do great!! I had an ultrasound/appointment today and they totally passed everything they were looking for for growth and breathing. Baby A is head down and weighs about 2 lbs. 3 oz. while Baby B is breech and weighs about 2 lbs. 4 oz. Baby B has been slightly bigger than A for the past few times but their weights are so close together that there are no concerns about it. They are moving a ton and just looking awesome. Seriously these appointments are so comforting!
Me! I am starting to feel BIG! Today my belly measured 32 1/2 weeks, so just over 5 weeks ahead. I am definitely graduating from a basketball to a beach ball! I am starting to feel more soreness and aches from my growing size. My hips, pelvis and thighs will ache, especially if I have been doing a lot, and sometimes even if I am doing nothing. (Once again, these are not complaints but just documenting my experience!) Bending over to pick stuff up kind of feels like a joke, haha. I have started taking medicine for heartburn every day and that has really helped. I also get really sore in my rib cage and just wish it was bigger sometimes. It is fun to feel the girls move so much and I definitely feel like there are aliens in there sometimes. I have to take the lovely glucose test next week which I am not looking forward to, but all of the health stuff on my end checks out and looks great. I have some days where I am back to very low energy which stinks but I know that that's what is coming.
I have had a really rough week this past week. I got the most awful cold, like sick in bed for 3 or 4 days and completely useless kind of cold. Steve was so awesome to take over kid duty and send me back to bed multiple times, not sure what I would have done without him. Being sick while pregnant is just awful and I really feel like my body is too busy creating humans to actually fight the germs. I still have a lot of congestion but I am at least over the worst of it. Really hoping that is the last time I get sick while pregnant. It definitely took me back to the beginning of the pregnancy where all I felt was exhausted and overwhelmed, not a good feeling. Hoping that since now I am coming out of the fog of my cold, that my mood will also get a boost too.
I have been really busy lately (ok, minus this past week from being sick) getting things done for babies. My checklist is getting things marked off which feels great. Some things are a little harder to prepare for since there are still a lot of unknowns (like will these girls need to be supplemented with formula? So should we buy bottles? How big will they be when they are born, will they need preemie or newborn size?). We finally buckled down and figured out the car seats for the twins and a double stroller and Steve is still working on car seats for the other three. Car seats and strollers are so complicated!! We discovered that our one infant seat expires at the end of the this year and is an older model which complicates things when finding a stroller to fit two different car seats, oh and used car seats kind of make us nervous. We bit the bullet and got two new (basic) infant car seats (with some of the money from selling Preston's clothes). It definitely makes it real to have the boxes for these new seats just sitting in our family room the past couple of days. It does feel good to have that figured out! I've started decorating the nursery and we will be moving Kaley into Abby's room in the next few weeks, which should be interesting.
These babies could easily be here in two months (hopefully not too much sooner!) and that is a really crazy thought! If I think about it too much it gets overwhelming so I am trying to not think about it too much, lol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment