Sunday, March 12, 2017

February...

Seriously I don't even know where February even went and now it is almost halfway through March!  Well, I do know where it went... sickness!!  Everyone in our family (except for me, halleluiah!) got the most awful cold.  It started with Steve, went to Preston, Abby, the twins, and Kaley.  Both Preston and Abby had to miss two days of school each.  Only part of our family got to go to church for 3 or 4 weeks with Steve and I taking turns each week.  It was no fun at all and they were all miserable not to mention having two babies sick who were also cutting their first two teeth at the same time.  Along with the congestion, the twins also had yucky coughs that made me a little worried about their breathing.  Thankfully they didn't get any worse than they did and we didn't have to take them in at all.  I did have to take Abby to the doctor because she got an ear infection at the tail end of her cold, which she always does.  Just some of the sad faces...
Riley with red watery eyes.

Abby fell asleep on the couch while watching movies.  We watched a lot of movies.

This was actually when we took Abby in but I had to take all of the girls with me.  Abby was actually feeling the best out of all 4 except for her ear and Kaley just looked and sounded so pathetic.  It was so sad!
Valentine's Day!
I really enjoy Valentine's Day, not even to celebrate for Steve and I but I love to make it fun for the kids. This was the first year that Preston has been able to make and take his own Valentine's box for school.  We looked up ideas on pinterest and let him pick.  Sharks are his favorite animal so this was awesome.  Of course I ended up doing about 95% of the work (exactly what I said I would never do, haha!!) but I absolutely LOVED how it turned out, and he did too. On Valentine's Day we gave the kiddos small boxes of chocolates and a small gift.  I had Steve open some fun home made cards from me throughout the day and gave him some treats and a shirt.  I made a quick dinner of pink pancakes and eggs before I had to leave for mutual where we had a fun Valentine's dinner for the youth in our ward.  Steve's Valentine's Day gift to me was telling me that we were going to be going on an overnight date during my Mom's visit at the end of the month, exactly what I have been dreaming of!!  It was a good day!



Two of my littlest Valentine's!

Random from February...
These cute twinners turned 8 months old!!
Love these three cuties I get to hang out with during the day!


This is how we do Sams Club!  Maddie is behind the box of diapers and that's Kaley walking on the side.  The significance of this picture is the fact that this was the first time we have had to buy diapers for the twins.  We have been so blessed by the generosity of friends, family, and neighbors that we made it to 8.5 months before having to buy them ourselves.  What a huge blessing!

Preston had his first Blue & Gold banquet for scouts.  It was a Western theme so he got to dress up a little.  The world of scouts still feels very new to us and we have a lot to learn so this was an interesting night.  

No comments: