Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday Fun...

It seems that lately all of my posts have been about the things we do on the weekends, but I think right now that's the only time we do anything blog-worthy, so I guess it's ok.

Yesterday Steve and I had a fun filled day. We headed up to Mesa to see the movie "Emma Smith: My Story." It's playing in at least one theater in Mesa right now but won't be coming to Tucson until maybe August. It was a really good movie and we always like supporting LDS movies like that. We were also pleasantly surprised to find the theater almost full, not something we were expecting, so that was really cool.

After that we headed to the temple and had a chance to be the witness couple for a session which is always neat to do. We finished up our fun-filled day with a quick bite to eat and, per my request, we went to a place called Bahama Bucks. It's a super good shaved ice place that's just down the road from the temple. They have something like 96 flavors to choose from but I got my favorite which is Cotton Candy flavor. They sure tasted good after facing the Phoenix summer heat!

It's always great when we get the chance to go the temple and it was fun that we could make a day of it and do some fun things!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike and I LOVE Bahama Bucks, it's the BEST!!!! We usually get their smoothies instead of the shaved ice. I hadn't even heard about that movie, we'll have to go check it out.

Savana said...

Sounds delicious. I'm a smoothie girl as well, but I bet shaved ice is great in the summer time!

Carrie said...

My friend told me about Bahama Bucks before we moved to AZ and I just thought it was chump change.

Aranne and Dan said...

Oh.. good to know that Emma is out.. We will have to check and see if it is playing in our one theater that plays Mormon movies around here.. You know they are hard to find in Sin City!

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

Congrats on your pregnancy, that is soooo exciting. What an added bonus that you have been feeling well too. I have enjoyed reading your blog!! Enjoy the nice weather it is so cold here.

Kara said...

We always think of you guys when we go to Mesa and pass by Bahama Bucks. Thanks for introducing us to the amazingness of it!

Only a few more weeks until you find out what you're having!!