Monday, June 2, 2008

The Very Quiet Weekend

Okay so I've neglected to post this earlier and I know it's kind of late in the week to post about the weekend, but I wanted to post about something so here it is! (I guess because I started writing this post on Monday, it puts that as the date it's posted instead of the actual date.)

This past weekend was a very quiet one for one big reason: Steve was gone the whole time! Steve's dad, John, got called to be the bishop of a single's ward and Steve had the chance to fly up to Idaho to be there for his dad's big day of being set apart. He loved the chance to hang out with his family and especially to able to be there to support his dad. Steve also got a chance to help babysit his little buddy Tyson. From what I hear it was quite the learning experience.

(Steve didn't want me to post this picture, he says we already have too many pictures of him with Tyson. I just couldn't resist, it was too dang cute!)

Meanwhile I stayed at home and kept Jackie company. It was weird being all by myself but I was able to get some cleaning, laundry, and reading done. Not to mention I got to watch all the chick flicks and movies like "High School Musical" that I wanted without any complaints! Even with that, I was very excited to have him home again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to have some alone time. Enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Savana said...

I know how you feel. Mahlon's been working in Flagstaff this whole week so I've been home alone with Madison-it gets pretty quite and I've got someone here with me! However, It is amazing to me how much more I can do without any distractions from Mahlon.

Carrie said...

Now are we sure Steve's NOT the father? j/k!