Sunday, June 29, 2008

The start of our collection...

Yesterday we had a very nice delivery: a nursery glider! Steve's co-worker had this glider that they were trying to get rid of. It's barely used and in great shape and once we found out that it cost them $400 we gladly volunteered to take it off their hands. They were nice enough to drop it off at our house since we don't have a truck or anything to transport it in. I'm not thrilled with the denim cushions, but what can beat the fact that it was free and super comfortable by the way. We are very excited to have our first official piece of nursery furniture.

Okay, so these next pictures are kind of old, but they're really cute. Our very first baby item that we acquired was the stroller/car seat. We actually got it right after we told everyone that we were expecting and then a week after we got it Steve just had to put it together. I didn't post the pictures then because I felt silly having a stroller ready to go when I was only like 11 weeks pregnant. I guess it's still a little early, but hey, at least we're prepared!

After the stroller was completed we each took turns test driving it around the house and since Jackie is too big to fit in the car seat, we used this bear as a practice.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Look at the pros! You'll have tips for me in no time!

Kara said...

You can never beat free stuff and you can always put a new cover on it. Love the bear in the stroller.

Anonymous said...

We did the same thing, as soon as we found out I was out shopping and a stroller was the first thing we bought too!