Well it's time to officially say goodbye to 2010 and say hello to 2011! Pretty crazy how quickly time goes by sometimes. 2010 was a pretty tough year for us but there was lots of good in there too. Here's a recap:
January: Started working full time at the day care, working 10 hours a day. Hard work! End of the month, got to spend the weekend with most of my family and Preston got to play with his cousins.
February: I worked, Steve job hunted and did a great job as Mr. Mom, and Preston fought day care germs.
March: Steve got sick, Preston and I played in Phoenix, and Preston learned how to climb out of crib! Yikes!
April: Celebrated Easter, Steve and I had our first child-less getaway, a quick visit from Steve's family, Steve's birthday, and Preston got tubes put in his ears.
May: The zoo, Gila Valley temple open house, Carrie Underwood concert, and fun in Phoenix and at a D-backs game.
June: Preston started in nursery at church, and summer fun at the children's museum, Chuck-E-Cheese's, swimming, and the Pima Air and Space Museum.
July: 4th of July in Sierra Vista with my parents and a great family trip to Las Vegas for Dan and Aranne's sealing to Blake. Headed to Idaho at the end of the month for Angie and Tyson's wedding.
August: Hung out in Idaho for a few days, another D-Backs game, and hit the year mark of Steve being unemployed, scary. But found out we had #2 on the way!
September: Trip to San Diego for the beach and the zoo, made the big decision to move to Idaho and told everyone that Preston was going to be a big brother!
October: Got ready to move, Apple Annie's orchard with my parents, had my last day of work, and said goodbye to our house, Tucson, and Arizona. The hardest thing I've ever done.
November: Made it to Idaho, moved in, unpacked, Steve left for a week of training, and we got the first snow. Idaho welcomed us with a blizzard, we gave thanks, and Preston turned 2!
December: Found out #2 is a girl and her name's Abby Jean, froze some more, decorated for Christmas, celebrated our 6th anniversary and headed to Phoenix for a great week of family and warm weather.
That's our year in a kind of big nutshell. It was actually harder for me to look back at the year than I thought it would be. I'm not going to lie, I miss Arizona, our house, and spending time with my family. It's still hard and we're still adjusting to life in Idaho. We hit the 2 month mark here which is just crazy to us because it feels like we've been here for at least 6 months.
I've got high hopes for 2011 (you better not disappoint!). We already know that this year brings a new baby in April and lots of work for Steve, which is a good thing. I'm excited for the changes and hopeful of great opportunities to come. So with that I'm saying hello 2011!!
2 comments:
That is A LOT of change for 2010! You guys are troopers but a job and a baby are both exciting things to have for 2011!
Moving can be hard, especially when it's freezing. Add pregnancy hormones to moving and it doesn't get easier. We'll keep you in our prayers!
Happy New Year!
You have some huge exciting events coming up this year and that is EVERYTHING right there. It way overrides any job, freezing now, etc. Totally pumped for your family and what 2011 (and the stork) will bring! :)
Post a Comment