Saturday, April 2, 2011

I LOVE this boy!


(this is what the bottom of the stairs always looks like. He still has his super slide on the stairs so all of his trucks and cars, big and small, make their way down.)

I wanted to do a post all about Preston since in just a couple weeks he won't be the only little one around here! Can I just say how much I love this little guy!! He really makes me so happy and I feel so, so blessed to be his mom. Since we've moved to Idaho it's been so great to be home with him all day. I'm grateful for the opportunity we've had to spend so much one on one time together before Abby comes. This kid has such a great personality. He's adventurous, fearless, social, talkative,active, and full of energy and life. These characteristics can make being a 2 year old (and 3 year old, and beyond?)... interesting and sometimes difficult. He can be stubborn and opinionated and we've definitely had our moments of him throwing himself on the floor when he doesn't get what he wants. But at the same time I know that all these qualities are really great ones as he gets older and becomes an adult. I wanted to make note of some of the things he's up to right now that make up our sweet Preston.

- He loves kids!! He gets so excited when he sees kids at the store or random places. He likes to run right up to them and be right in the middle of the action, even if they are twice his size. He doesn't like to be at the mall play area or a fast food play place by himself because he wants kids to chase and play with.
- He says hi to everyone! It doesn't matter who it is or if we only see them for a second, he says hi. I love that he's not shy.
- Some of the things he's saying that crack us up: "No way Hosey!" (No way, Jose!), when counting "seven, eight, Mommy, Go!", he switched from saying thank you to "thanks!", in the car "follow that truck.", "Peace out dude!", "Bucky Beeth" (somehow means brush your teeth, we're working on that one.), and for I love you he still says, "Off-phwhy."
He has a book about taking a bath and the end talks about being warm and cozy, so now Preston says that he wants to be "warm and cozy" all the time, so cute!
- This kid talks or makes noise nonstop! It is very rare that Preston is silent, but it's fun to listen to his little conversations. His sentences are getting a little more complex and adding in words like don't, can't, and with. I love when he says "Mommy sit wit you." or "Daddy play wit you." or "Mommy lay down wit you."
- He still loves the movie cars and it's funny to hear him talk about all the characters and some of the scenes from the movie. He'll say, "Mater says, wehoo!" or "Lightning Mcqueen drives faster."
- He has a great imagination and likes to pretend. A tortilla chip can be a space ship and the like.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little bit worried about how the big adjustment of having a baby sister will affect Preston. He's gotten our sole attention for almost two and a half years and now he will have to share his mommy and daddy. We're definitely expecting some acting out and maybe some rough times with him, but I'm just hoping he still feels just as loved and cared for.

It's definitely a weird feeling to know we're adding another member to our family. We've really enjoyed being a family of 3 and we feel like we've been such a great little team. It's hard to imagine what it will be like as a family of four. It's weird to say but it's kind of bittersweet to have things change. I'm sure the second she's here we won't be able to imagine life without her. I'm also a little worried about being a mother of two. I know there are people who have six or eight kids so two seems like nothing but it will be a new adventure for me. I have my days when I lose my patience or don't feel up to par for the job of being Preston's mom and on those days I wonder how I'll do it with two. I know it will come in time and being a mother certainly doesn't mean being perfect. It's a job I take very seriously and I hope that I can just do my best!

I've gotten a lot of what I needed/wanted to done, so I'm finally feeling ready for this sweet baby girl. I'm excited to have a newborn again (I'm one of those people who loves newborns!) and start our lives as a family of 4. The countdown continues... two and a half weeks!!


Steve was moving our recliner downstairs to make room the baby stuff (swing, bouncer, etc.) in the family room. The boys took a break to relax at the bottom of the stairs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be surprised how perfectly she fits in to your family. And the salon looks great! Nice job Steve!

Jenn and Kylann said...

He's so cute!! Sounds like you got a smart little guy there.