Thursday, April 7, 2011

Abby's Nursery!

I buckled down today and got Abby's nursery completely done. It feels so good to have it all ready (even though she won't even be sleeping in there at first!). Just one more things off my to do list! I know I just put pics up of the valance, but now everything else is up too. I hate having white walls, but with a rental we just have to deal with it but we compensated with lots of color in the decor. I think it's super girly and pink but I kind of love that!
I love the little lamp that will be perfect for the middle of the night feedings when I don't want the big light on.

Got these great mesh flowers on Amazon.


My favorite part of the room! Wish I could take credit for this but I can't. I got these from a super cute home decor boutique that's 2 minutes from our house. I found out that you can special order the letters and colors/designs at no extra charge and I even got 20% off. Including tax it was just $3o which I consider a great deal because anything similar online was twice that and then you'd have to pay for shipping. I love how it turned out!


On another note... It's April 8th and we woke up to a thick 2 inch blanket of snow everywhere. I thought having a baby in April meant a spring baby, but apparently not in Idaho. I'm not expecting it to be in the 70's or 80's or anything, but snow, really?!? Pretty much over it!

On another, another note... Things are going well for the salon. Of course there are slow days during the week and the weather doesn't help that, but things are starting to pick, especially on Fridays and Saturdays. So that is great. He's been working hard to get radio, tv, and mail ads ready for the big grand opening event on April 30th. They're doing a big special that day, a haircut for $4.30 on 4/30. Should be a big success (if it's not snowing that day!). The other big development is that as of yesterday, Steve's dad (with the help of Steve to run it) now own the Fantastic Sams location in Blackfoot which is 30 minutes from here. There has been a little talk in the past of the owner selling it to them but then 2 weeks ago he decided he was done and wanted out. It's a small, kind of run down place that had a very hands off owner so it wasn't making very much (if any) money. Steve and his dad are excited to give this place the love and attention it needs which will hopefully improve business. They are anticipating some road blocks since they are stepping into an existing situation and are going to have to make some changes. So Steve is busy with that, working almost 14 hours yesterday and then leaving at 7:15am this morning to head back to Blackfoot.

Oh, and if that's not enough, let's not forget that I'm having a baby in 11 days!!! The month of April is making me a little anxious and I'm just hopeful we can get through it all!

3 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Nursery looks great! You are on a roll...so productive for being 11 days away from delivery. Go YOU!

Heather said...

Super Cute Amy! You did a great job! Love that it's wonderfully girlie- all of it. Those mesh flowers and 'abby' are fabulous~ 11 more days and you'll be posting pics of the little miss. Excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing as usual! Want to come down to my house in Tucson and decorate? :) Can't wait to see new pics of Abby!!!