Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Latest Sewing Projects...

I've finished a few more projects and wanted to share! I made another car seat blanket for Abby. I am in LOVE with this cotton fabric and got it for half off. It's a lot more light weight so I won't be able to use it until it warms up and we don't have this crazy cold wind we're having right now.


I also made a car seat blanket for my sister-in-law Maile. They are having a girl and she's due the day after I am. It was amazing how much faster these two blankets went than the first one!

And my latest big project was a valance for Abby's room. The crib set we had picked out had matching curtains but of course when we went to order it from Target the curtains were out of stock and who knows when they'd come back into stock. So I was on curtain duty again. It helped that I had made curtains before but these were a little more complicated since I pieced different fabrics together. I feel like they look pretty Easter-y, but maybe that's just because it's that time of year. I think once everything in her room is up and put together it will look really good. We're also getting white long curtains that will hang underneath the valance. (that was a whole other story: trying to find pale pink black-out curtains because of dumb daylight savings time. After hours of searching online we couldn't find any pink ones that would be the right color and not super expensive, so we ended up just getting white.) Feels so good to have these projects done!!



This room has a big half circle window and since we know we're not staying here, we weren't going to pay for a custom window treatment. Instead we just hung the valance over it. Not my favorite, but it will do! Oh and that is the quilt for the crib set.

No comments: