This past Sunday was his first day of sunbeams in primary (for those who don't know, it's his church class). With his late November birthday he is the youngest in the class and since he is so active we've been really worried about him. He loved nursery so much and he was excited to go to church just so he could go to nursery. Now he has to be a big boy. Steve dropped him off since I was teaching in senior primary and said that he gave him a pep talk and then he sat there with his arms folded and was fine. He has a really cute young teacher who said that he did fine. We were expecting the worst so we'll take it!
Monday was his first day of preschool! It was kind of a tough (but not) decision for me. I never thought I would put Preston in preschool so early since he doesn't go to kindergarten until he's almost 6. That's a lot of preschool to start now, but we feel like it's a good thing for Preston. He loves to be around other kids and with his crazy energy, I think it will be good for him to have a couple hours twice a week to have some fun. Plus, I don't think it hurts for him to learn a little and do some fun things in there to. The part that I've struggled with a little bit is that I'm not doing joy school or a preschool co-op or anything like that. I know of a lot of moms that do fun things like that with their kids so I feel like that's what I should be doing too but you kind of need to have a group of moms with the same age kids in order for that to work. I just don't have that here. I found this cute little preschool that a lady does from her house called Little Learners Preschool. He goes Mondays and Wednesdays from 1-3pm. She does multiple sessions but the others were full since it's half way through the school year. I think Abby and I are a little excited about the little break we get and the chance to run errands without Preston, a much easier thing to do!
He's been talking about going to school for months and he knew that he had to be potty trained to go. So now that that's taken care of he was ready to go! He was so cute and wanted to wear his backpack. I took him in and gave him a little pep talk and told him that Abby and I would leave and he just said, "Ok Mommy!" I was so nervous and anxious for him... welcome to parenthood, right?! Abby and I hit up the mall to do some exchanges and when we came back to pick him up I got a good report from Miss Jenny, although she said he wanted to go play with the toys the whole time, but who's surprised by that?? So proud of my big boy and this big step in his little life.
3 comments:
Yes, he'll love being in pre-school. And you'll love him being in pre-school too :)
The co-op that I do is mostly moms for the neighboring ward. It is hard to set them up, but I like not paying for preschool just yet. I have been considering it for Adam, just for the reason that he needs time away from ME... and then the co-op wouldn't really work. Good luck to Preston and enjoy your girlie time, just you and Abby!
He is so grown up with his backpack! We are so proud of him and glad that he likes it.
Post a Comment