Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Abby is One!

One year ago today... I woke up at 5:50am with pains that I realized were contractions.  My baby girl decided to come one day before her scheduled c-section.  It surprised us all and after the scramble to get to the doctor and hospital and be told our baby was on her way, we were thrilled to welcome her.  It was fun to reminisce today and watch the clock at 11:29am and know that's when we welcomed Abby Jean.



My baby girl is 1 today!!  I can't even believe it!!  Where has this year gone?  I have no idea.  Our Abby Jean has brought more joy into our home and family then we could ever imagine.  I can't imagine what our family would be without her.

- She is such a happy, sweet spirit.  Her face lights up when she smiles and I love it.
- She is a mama's girl.  She'll reach for me and cry for me when she sees me, such the opposite of Preston.
- She's starting to get a little attitude when you take something away from her that she wants.  Not excited if that keeps going into the toddler years.
- She likes to play games.  If you're on the floor she come up to you like she's "getting" you.  So fun.
- She LOVES her brother so, so much.  She always gets a huge smile when she sees Preston or even just heres him.  She is VERY patient with him when he's too rough with her and pulls her, pushes, and even drags her.  She'll just giggle.
- Still not walking, but she's getting stronger and is starting to stand on her own a little bit more.
- Loves to eat and eats a ton!  The only thing she has spit out right away was funeral potatoes, I'm guessing because of the onion taste.
- Loves to clap and wave and I think she's even starting to point.

I swear she looks older and bigger today... I guess that's what happens when you're one!  We had a fun day today with just our little family.  Kind of hard to do things for a first birthday since it's not like she has a favorite restaurant yet or anything.  She had fun opening a couple presents (with Preston's help) and eating her  very first cupcake.  We're going to have a party for her with Steve's family on Sunday but it was fun to have our own little party.
 Found this shirt today at Kohl's for $2.90, the only one and it was her size... it was meant to be and I had to get it!



 Preston helping Abby open her present from Grandma and Grandpa.  He has had such a hard time with it being someone else's birthday.  Every time we've mentioned that it was going to be Abby or Daddy's birthday he has just started crying and saying, "No, it's MY birthday."  Poor guy spent 25 minutes this morning being upset about it.  He just kept saying, "But birthdays are so fun."  You're right Preston they are, you just can't have more than one.
 Love my birthday girl!
  CAKE TIME!  (Don't worry, I'm making her a real cake for this weekend.  Didn't want to make two cakes, so we went with this.)

 Preston was very hesitant on his first birthday to eat new goodies so we were curious what she would do.  Um... no hesitation at all!!  She dug right in and was instantly taking fist fulls of cupcake.  Every once in awhile she made a silly face like she was loving the sugar rush!




 LOVE this!

I took an extra moment while I was rocking my baby girl to sleep to soak her in and enjoy every little moment.

No comments: