Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Going to work...

A couple Saturdays ago Fantastic Sam's had their one year anniversary event.  They've been celebrating their birthday month all April but this was their charity cut-a-thon.  All haircuts were $12 and half the proceeds went to a great local charity that helps children and family who are facing child abuse.  It became a family event because Steve's dad and sister Lisa helped at the Blackfoot salon and Steve's sister Angie worked as a stylist here in Idaho Falls and I got roped into helping with the front counter, oh and his uncle Rodney was the mascot.  I was super nervous because I haven't worked in any professional setting like that in a long time and to work at a salon where I know absolutely nothing was scary!  Steve's mom was on kid duty all day and I headed off to work, such a weird feeling.

Steve did a great job planning this event complete with decorations, b-day cupcakes, the mascot Fantastic Fuzzy, and the 2 biggest radio stations doing live broadcasts, one at each salon.  Unfortunately the event wasn't as successful as we were hoping.  We came to the conclusion that people are more enticed by cheap than charity, considering the grand opening event last April offered haircuts for $4.30 and they had a 3 hour wait all day... this event barely had a wait.  I was still very proud of Steve and all of his hard work.




No comments: