Friday, May 16, 2014

Dressers!

One (or I should say two) of my really big projects to do before baby comes was to paint these two dressers that we've had forever.  We kind of inherited these two dressers from Steve's family.  They were not the cutest but are very sturdy and good dressers.  I always thought I couldn't refinish them or anything because they have a laminate top but after many pinterest pins I was up to the task.  I started with Preston's and picked a super fun lime green.  I didn't have to sand which was great and saved me a step and just primed instead.  Next came two coats of paint (found out Lowes sells sample sizes of paint for only $3 each, needed to but still cheaper than a $13 quart of paint!), and then two coats of Polycrylic to seal it since it's going to be heavily used.  I LOVE how it turned out.  Next up was Abby's dresser.  This one took a little longer and seemed harder, I'm sure just because I was more pregnant.  I picked a pretty aqua blue that I think looks great for a girl without being girly.  I got sick at the tail end of this project so it seemed to sit in our garage forever.  It was nice to finally get it inside the house and have it done!  I'm thrilled with how they turned out and am now wondering why I didn't do this a long time ago.  Thankfully the rest of my projects are not as big or as labor intensive as this!

Before pic of Abby's dresser, also gives you an idea of what Preston's look like since they are so similar.


1 comment:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

They both look great- good job Amy!