Preston got to have one big adventure this past week... he got to fly to Nebraska to visit Steve's family! This all started when Steve's parents visited for that quick weekend in the beginning of March. Preston was so upset that it was going to be so long until we would see them and Angie and Tyson again. He came up with a whole plan all on his own to fly on an airplane by himself to go visit them and then drive back with them. We explained why that might not work and then half jokingly told Steve's parents about his plan. Well it turns out that Steve's sister was planning a trip out to see them right before they were planning on driving here for a visit. So it all came together that Preston would fly to Nebraska with Lisa and then all drive back together back to Idaho. Preston did have to miss his last day of preschool and his little graduation which he didn't feel bad about at all and I'll be fine without it. Plus we figured this trip would be far more memorable anyway.
Preston had been using a chart to countdown the days until the Wilkers were coming to our house for a visit and was getting so excited to see all the days marked off. We finally told him two weeks before his trip about him being able to go there and he was so so excited and was all packed at least a week before. So finally last Monday, May 19th, Abby, Preston and I headed down to Pocatello to pick up Lisa and then drove the rest of the way to the Salt Lake City airport. I was very anxious about the idea of Preston flying without a parent and making sure he would be ok. Thankfully he is a pro at flying now and was so brave. His pregnant mommy... not so much! I was brave in front of him but it was hard to see my little boy go through security and then out of sight. Abby and I stopped for lunch and then drove the rest of the way back home... a quick turn around!
We got updates from Lisa and everything went smoothly and they got there just fine. Preston had such a fun visit with them. He played nonstop with Tyson, did some fun things, and was of course spoiled! We loved getting texts and pictures of all of the fun they were having throughout the week.
They started their drive to Idaho on Friday and stayed in a hotel in Cheyenne, Wyoming and then drove the rest of the way yesterday (Saturday). We went to Pocatello to see everyone and to pick Preston up last night. He had so much fun! They are all staying a couple nights in Pocatello and then will spend the rest of the week with us.
 |
| He fell asleep on the second half of their flight. |
 |
| Bunk beds in the hotel they stayed in, they were so excited! |
 |
| Swimming at the hotel! |
It was certainly weird not having Preston around for 5 days. It was way too quiet and Abby was definitely bored without her best buddy. It was funny how much easier it is to just have one kid to worry about... I got SO much done. It was great how much of my to do list I was able to cross off. I obviously missed Preston, but I wasn't as torn up about it as I thought I would be because I knew he was in such good hands and was having far too much fun. Abby has been so happy to have Preston home. She keeps saying "I'm so happy to see Preston!" and she walked up to him randomly after church today and gave him a hug and said, "I love you so much!" So sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment