This past Wednesday Preston had a field trip for his preschool and Abby and I got to tag along. We went to the zoo, and then Funland (a tiny amusement park right next to the zoo, seriously like 5 little rides) and then a picnic at the park. It was definitely field trip day at the zoo so it was crazy busy. A little too crazy for our liking considering we usually go during the day, during the week when barely anyone is there. We have a membership to our little zoo and go often so I had to remind Preston that we'll be going back many times, so it's ok that it was too busy. Then we headed over to the rides which was Preston's favorite and then a picnic at some tables they have in the grass right there. It was a perfect weather day for this which is a lucky thing around here. After that, everyone parted ways but I took the kids to the playground (the biggest one we have in town) and let them play for a long time.
 |
| All of the kids in his class wore these cute duckie hats. He wore his backwards of course. |
 |
| Abby liked this ride for the first 15 seconds and then fear and panic set in. It went faster and higher than she or I expected and she freaked out and was crying and screaming the rest of the time. I felt so bad that I couldn't do anything to help. Preston was very sweet and was very concerned about his sister. He kept telling her it was ok... he's such a good big brother. |
We had a great time on his field trip and I was thankful that both kids did a great job. That afternoon Preston had his first t-ball practice and then that evening he had his last swim lesson (of his indoor swim lessons). May is turning out to be a very busy, fun month... and Preston has a BIG adventure ahead next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment