Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother's Day!

On our quick trip to Utah I had gotten the kids' cold and I only got worse!  I was sick on Sunday and felt even worse on Monday.  Thankfully Steve was able to work from home and take over kid duty so I could get some rest.  I kept expecting to feel better but I just didn't.  Finally on Wednesday I went to the doctor and he confirmed that I had a sinus infection and he gave me an antibiotic and nasal spray.  I felt so sick and it was terrible.  Then Steve started to get sick too.  Thankfully he didn't get it as bad as I did but with both of us down for the count, thank goodness for Netflix and movies!!  The kids were actually really good for just laying low at home.  It took until Saturday to finally feel a little better... seriously no fun!

Saturday night we went for a Mother's Day dinner at Cafe Rio.  I'm really picky and weird in my eating and cooking while pregnant so I told Steve he was off the hook for cooking for me for Mother's Day.  We finished the night off with some ice cream and got my special treat, a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, which I've been wanting for awhile.  I started off my Mother's Day with an email from Baby Sprite with a gift certificate to the spa so I can get a prenatal massage and something else done.  Super excited to use this (and I've already scheduled it for next week, lol!).  The kids had picked out little wood frames and colored them for me.  Preston insisted on drawing a picture of us in it instead of printing a picture.  They were really cute about it.  We had a good day at church and just a normal relaxing Sunday.  I always feel so loved on Mother's Day and love the opportunity to reflect on all of the mothers that have touched my life and how amazing and special my job as a mom is.  It was a great day!

No comments: