Tomorrow I will be 31 weeks pregnant... kind of crazy. At my last doctor's appointment I was able to schedule my c-section for July 15th (6 days before my due date) which is 8 weeks from Tuesday. That just made it so much more real to have a date set... hopefully baby girl doesn't have any ideas of her own to come super early. Overall I'm feeling pretty good. My biggest complaint is heartburn that comes pretty much every day and can be triggered by anything even water. But if that's my biggest complaint than things are great! I'm really getting big!! This is definitely the earliest I have gotten so big and my belly is definitely straight out like I put a basketball in my shirt. Now is the time when people start looking at me like I'm gonna pop only for me to have to say I have about 2 months left, lol. I don't take people's comments too seriously and know that being big is a part of the deal. I know that now comes the uncomfortable part and I've even noticed that I get out of breath easily because she's squishing me. She's also quite the mover and it looks and feels like an alien is trying to escape my belly. Looks pretty crazy!
We are all getting excited for this new little babe. Sometimes the thought of having three kids seems completely overwhelming and at the end of crazy days with these two kiddos Steve and I will just look at each other and say "What were we thinking?!" But I have been surprised at how much joy, peace, and excitement I have for this baby to join our family that it definitely outweighs those other times. The kids are always asking about Baby Sprite and making sure she's ok. They love to give my belly hugs and kisses and are always trying to come up with a name for her, sometimes real and sometimes silly. We had a name picked out since before we were even expecting but as soon as we found out it was a girl that name didn't seem a 100% right fit. We've gone back and forth and really struggled with the fact that we didn't have a name. I am the kind of person that needs to know this little baby's name before we get to the hospital. I think we finally found the one... but we're waiting a little longer to share just yet. Feels nice to have that problem resolved though.
I feel like the countdown is officially on and that time will go by very (too) quickly from now on. Eek!
No comments:
Post a Comment