Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th of July cont... :(

We finished doing our own fireworks by about 10:30pm and put the kids to bed quickly... that's where our night got even more interesting.  I had been feeling really tired and worn out (pretty normal nowadays) but then I started feeling a cramping feeling in my lower belly.  I knew I was hungry and tired so I tried to eat but the feeling got really painful really fast.  It was just a constant pain, not coming and going like contractions.  Pretty soon I was in tears because of the pain and asked Steve to give me a blessing.  Once again we were faced with whether or not to go to the hospital.  Steve started cleaning up the house and packing bags thinking we were probably going to be leaving for good.  He took a quick shower and then we called our neighbor Jan to come just sleep at our house to watch the kids.  We headed for the hospital at about midnight and thought for sure that we'd be having a baby.

They got me all hooked up to the monitors and checked me.  Still nothing to say that baby was coming (really??).  I was having contractions but not in regular intervals and the cramping pain in my belly and back were nonstop... it was bad.  I got an IV for fluids and a shot to stop the contractions, which apparently worked but the pain didn't go away.  They finally tested my urine which said I was dehydrated and that was the cause of it all.  They gave me another bag of fluids and the pain got somewhat better, but not great at all.  Finally at 3:45am we were on our way home.  I felt a little better but not much.  It was frustrating because last time the shot had worked so well and this time it really didn't.  I barely slept and the pain was back by 6:30am.  The only relief I got was from laying down with a hot pad.  I was so upset to still be in pain but not having a baby.  Thankfully Steve was awesome watching the kids so I could take a couple of naps and by 5pm I was finally starting to feel better, although super worn out and tired still.  Overall it was just not fun.  The pain was worse this time around and I just hate that they don't do anything for the pain instead they just watched me be in pain for 3 and a half hours.  As Steve said, that was expensive glass of water.  Oh well, what can you do?!  We're all a little nervous as to what this baby will do next since she seems to be giving us so much trouble.  I'm just done with the pain, especially since I have the recovery from a c-section to look forward to.  At the end of the day I'm super grateful that there is nothing wrong with baby because I would rather it be me to deal with all of this than something wrong with her... it has just been an adventure.  My mom gets into town Thursday night, so we'll see if we can hold things off until then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I work for the company that produces Mutual of Omaha’s aha moment campaign; check out www.mutualofomaha.com/aha to see what an aha moment is and the incredible stories we’ve filmed over the last several years.

For the 5th year, we’re taking our 34-foot Airstream mobile film studio on the road again for the 2014 Aha Moment Tour, visiting 20 cities across America to capture inspirational, life-changing aha moments from folks all over the country. We are headed to Pocatello, ID on August 4th and 5th and would love to invite you to share an aha moment, and how your life has changed since. It can be about your work, your family or other life experiences. You would just have to step into the Airstream studio for a few minutes and tell your story on film to our tour producer. Your video will then be posted to www.mutualofomaha.com/aha, where you will be able to share it with your friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter!

On August 4th and 5th from 10am to 6pm, we will be parked at the Ross Park Aquatic Complex, 2901 South 2nd Avenue, Pocatello, Idaho 83204. The trailer will be in the parking area in front of the Lower Ross Park Pavilion and west of the pool. Here is a map link to the location: https://goo.gl/maps/1GLsa

We’d love to have you. Let me know as soon as possible and I can reserve your time slot.

Many thanks!

Rachel Clark
tour@ahamoment.com

See the 2014 Aha Moment Tour page: ahamoment.com/tour
View aha moment videos: youtube.com/myahamoment
Follow the tour:
twitter.com/myahamoment
facebook.com/myahamoment
instagram.com/myahamoment
--
ahamoment.com