Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Baby Sprite!

Months ago before we even knew if this baby would be a boy or girl we were looking for a nickname.  I'm not a fan of calling the baby "it" and it's hard to know what to call it besides "baby".  We stumbled upon Baby Sprite... I'm not sure where that came from but it stuck.  Steve and I were thinking of the word in term of spritely but I'm sure Preston was only thinking of the soda variety.  The kids almost always call the baby Baby Sprite and are always asking how Baby Sprite is doing.  It's way cute!  Steve and I thought it would be cute if we could find a Sprite onesie or something but after searching high and low online we just couldn't find one.  We finally found 2 mens vintage Sprite t-shirts on ebay.  We ordered both of them, one as a pj shirt for me and then I used the other to make a tiny peasant dress for baby Sprite.  This has been on my to do list for some time but I finally buckled down last Friday night and got it done.  This is the first time I've ever made infant apparel, used a pattern, or used jersey fabric.  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be and the construction is not great but it looks really cute and that's what matters!


No comments: