Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fun with Grandma...

My mom finally came into town on July 10th.  We were anxiously awaiting her arrival because it meant that baby could come and we wouldn't have to worry about the kids.  The kids were beyond excited to have Grandma finally here since they have been counting down for weeks.

July 11th was my birthday!  (I don't have all of the pictures from my birthday or other times because my mom and I are both taking pictures on our cameras and we haven't gotten hers yet.)  I had a great birthday!  It felt so weird for it to be my birthday since our focus has been so much on baby.  My mom, the kids, and I headed to Rexburg to go to the splash park.  Always a summer favorite!!  Steve had decorated the house for my and gotten me Coco Bean cupcakes and a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory caramel apple and I loved the messages and texts from everyone.  That night my mom watched the kids so that Steve and I could go out to dinner.  One last, kid-less, hurrah!  It was so nice!
Pretty flowers sent from Steve and Grandma and the kids making me cupcakes for my birthday!
Saturday we wanted to get out of the house so we went for a drive to a small waterfall about 45 minutes away.  Such a pretty drive!  And then we drove through Ririe and Rigby, two tiny towns and stopped for ice cream before heading home.

Yikes I was huge!!  And man did I feel pregnant!

We were outside for maybe 20-25 minutes and Abby was covered in dirt!

Monday, the 14th, was our last day before baby!  It was such a weird day knowing that the next day we'd be having a baby!  It was a pretty basic day of a last trip to Walmart, making sure everything was ready and relaxing.  That night for family night went through pictures of Steve, Preston and Abby as brand new babies to help get the kids excited.  Then we had the kids draw pictures of what they thought baby Sprite would look like and finished off with Steve giving me a blessing.  Always grateful for the power of the priesthood in our home.  I had plans to go to bed early that night but of course that didn't happen and neither one of us got much sleep that night!!  Next up... BABY!!
Preston got really upset that baby Sprite and I had Sprite shirts and that he didn't.  Steve found some more online and got them for he and the kids.  Going to have to get a family pic of all of us in our Sprite shirts!

No comments: