Friday, July 25, 2014

Our hospital stay!

With having a c-section, I'm in the hospital for a good chunk of time, 3 nights.  I'm weird and actually really enjoy that time in the hospital... I love that it's just me, Steve, and baby without all the distractions of home and I can take that time to feel better.  Plus I love having nurses take care of me and bring me medicine and snacks!  We lucked out with amazing nurses that were so great to us!!  That makes such a difference!  Right off the bat my recovery was amazingly better than the past two times.  I think the difference was the fact that I wasn't in labor before having the c-section.  So grateful for that.  That's not to say my recovery was pain free... definitely had some bouts with some major pain but I got through them!  C-sections are no joke, and I have to remind myself that it is a major abdominal surgery, so pain and discomfort are part of the deal.

Kaley was awesome in the hospital and we just soaked up all of the time to just love on her.  She passed all her tests and check-ups in the nursery.  The only thing that left the nurses puzzled was that Kaley had purple feet and toes.  Like real purple!  The color faded a little on her feet but her toes were still purple.  One of the nurses took her to the nursery and tested everything they could (blood pressure, oxygen, etc.) but everything was healthy.  Our pediatrician thought it was a combination of something where babies are born with feet or fingers that have a purple color which sometimes fades and sometimes doesn't and also some bruising from before birth.  (She's 10 days old now and her toes look completely normal now).  It was just funny to have conversations about purple toes!






Our last night we got to have our "celebration dinner" which was a fancy dinner with a salad and dessert for both Steve and I.
Love the cuddle time!  And Steve is wearing his Sprite shirt!
Seriously how can you not love this sweet face?!  We were in love!

No comments: