Our busy vacation in San Diego continued on Thursday... Angie and I took the older kids to the beach again. I was so glad that we got to go for a second time and felt like we were taking advantage of being so close! The waves were stronger that day so it was fun to watch all of the surfers. We even got a heads up from the friendly lifeguard so that we could make sure to keep the kiddos safe. Unfortunately we had to leave the beach... sigh... but only because there was more fun to be had.
After getting cleaned up and John came home from his meetings, all of us headed into downtown San Diego to go the the Padres baseball game. The kids were exhausted from the beach but they had fun and we all enjoyed watching them win their last home game of the season. (Not going to lie, I got pretty grumpy for this part. I just got too tired and had too much sunshine on top of kids that seemed to be extra demanding and I just didn't feel good. Hate when the grumpies get the better of me, especially on vacation!)
 |
| We needed to sit in a handicapped section and our seats were right in the sun!! Not too fun. After a little bit we inquired about moving and thankfully we were able to! |
 |
| Singing "Take me Out to the Ball Game!" Going to the baseball game was a highlight for Steve. He has seriously missed living close to a professional baseball team. I'm glad that he got his fix! |
No comments:
Post a Comment