Wednesday, October 7, 2015

SAN DIEGO!!!

Yep, the Wilkers made their way to San Diego!!  The back story: Steve's dad, John had a conference in San Diego for a couple of days, so the Nebraska Wilkers (John, Elaine, Angie and Tyson) had decided to go with him to take a vacation and hit up some of the popular San Diego sights.  They thought it would be fun if we came along too and since it was John's birthday during that week, what better way to celebrate than to bring us all on vacation?!!  We are incredibly grateful that they were willing to pay for us to come along and we have all been so excited and counting down for about a month!  Not going to lie, it felt very weird to be planning for a vacation when we have no job (and no money, lol!).  We didn't want people to get the wrong idea or be judging us, but people usually don't have all the facts so I quickly let go of all that and just decided we were going to have as much fun as possible!

We left on Sunday, September 27th.  It got off to a rocky start because I started feeling sick Friday afternoon, sore throat, fever and chills all through Saturday and somehow I managed to still get us all packed up and ready.  Oh and randomly on Saturday afternoon Abby's ear started to really hurt.  I debated what to do but decided to take her into the doctor to get it checked out since we were leaving the next day.  Sure enough, ear infection!  Got her a prescription and thankfully that was the last time it hurt her.  I barely slept Saturday night and woke up super early Sunday feeling even worse.  I decided it would be smarter to go to urgent care before we were in a different state.  So even though we were planning on leaving at 8 that morning, I headed to urgent care and sure enough I had strep throat!!  Got my antibiotics and headed out about 10 which wasn't too bad.  The drive went well, even though I didn't feel good and we made it to north Las Vegas.

We let the kids go swimming at the hotel Monday morning and then hit the road again.  We made it to San Diego about 4pm! We rented a 2 bedroom condo in the Mission Beach area so that we could all be together, have a place for the kiddos run around and play, and cook some of our own meals.  Didn't hurt that we were a 2 minute walk from the beach!  And our view was of a marina, so nice!  We were definitely in a busy area with people outside all the time and it was hot and humid without air conditioning, but it was still awesome.

I headed to the grocery store to get everything for breakfasts, lunches, and a few dinners.  After that we were all hungry and found a local taco shop that was amazing.  The Nebraskans got there about 8pm and we were happy to be all together finally and ready for lots of fun!






No comments: