Monday, October 19, 2015

Home - post vacation...

Coming home from vacation is never easy!  We were all exhausted but happy to be home.  Preston wasn't super excited to go back to school the next day.  I thought for sure I would have a bad case of the post vacation blues, having to face reality again, but I actually had the opposite happen and it was awesome.  I'm not sure if it was from listening to general conference on the way home or just because we had a great trip but I was in a great mood all week after we got back and it felt so refreshing to not be weighed down by worry or stress (although maybe I should've bee?? lol!).  Plus the weather totally helped!  I kind of expected the weather to be cold and gloomy once we got back but we had a couple weeks of warm, sunny fall days which was just awesome!  (Today is the first cloudy, cold fall day but I already have my favorite potato soup in the crock pot so we'll be ok!)  

Since Steve and I use our phones a lot to take pictures along with our camera, we're trying to get better at actually getting the pics off our phones and onto our laptop.  So here's a bunch since we got home from San Diego.  Little updates on everyone:

  Steve: We got home and the job hunt felt at an absolute stand still.  Didn't feel very good!  We both have a lot of faith and hope and are working to follow those feelings instead of giving in to anxiety and frustration.  He had some communication about one job that we hope leads to an interview and an interview for a job he doesn't feel qualified for or is expecting to get tomorrow in Pocatello.  We'll take it though, at least it is something!  He continues to work really hard as the Elder's Quorum president and is excited about a new batch of elders that have moved in.  

Me: I've been working really hard on some new health and fitness goals starting at the beginning of September.  Just trying to finally do something about the last 10 pounds of baby weight.  I'll probably do a post about what I've been doing with that in the future.  I buckled down and got Abby's Halloween costume made.  She'll be Anna from Frozen and I am in love with the costume I have made.  The only new thing with me is that I have a new calling finally: Beehives advisor!  I have never been in young womens before so I am excited about doing something completely new.  I have a great group of 5 really active girls that are all excited to be there.  It's a new adjustment for me to be going to mutual on Tuesday nights but it has been really fun so far and a great way to get to know all the girls.  I think it will be a great calling!

Preston: Is doing much, much better in the mornings going to school which is such a relief.  He still doesn't love going in the morning but it's ok now.  He is doing great at school with his math and spelling and is at the top of his class for reading.  We're still so impressed at what he can read!  He is 100% obsessed with Star Wars and for Halloween he will be Ezra (a jedi in training) the Disney Star Wars Rebels show.  (his costume was a total Walmart clearance score at only $2.50). He continues to have more energy than he ever knows what to do with it!!

Abby: Abby continues to be our goofy, somewhat clumsy, sweet girl.  She is LOVING preschool and is always looking forward to the next day she can go.  I am very happy with her preschool too since she is coming home almost everyday with projects and doing lots of fun things.  They even went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch and Abby was so dang excited.  She can't wait to wear her Anna costume for all of the Halloween fun.  She really loves everything you would expect a 4 year old girl to love: pink, skirts, dolls, helping mommy, doing things by herself, dancing and singing.  She loves to hand out hugs and is just fun to have around.

Kaley: Miss Kaley finally decided to walk by taking her first steps on Thursday, Sept. 24th.  Within a few days she was walking everywhere and hasn't turned back.  So fun to finally see her have some freedom.  Ever since we got back from our trip she has been kind of a stinker.  Her sleep was totally messed up for about 5 days after we got back and one night she was awake for most of the night. :/ No fun!  We think she is doing some major teething which is making her very impatient and sensitive.  To top it off she went to the doctor today for her well check and had to get some shots.  She was not happy!  She is my smallest baby by far and is in the 7th percentile for height and weight at just 17 lbs. 14 oz. and 29 inches tall.  She loves blankets and loves to lay down and cuddle on them.  She is starting to give hugs more freely which we all love.  Still no talking but I'm sure that will come soon!  We really do love our Kaley Mae!
One night of being awake when she should've been asleep.  It was a long night!!
Kids playing with skirt guns and getting wet in the beginning of October.  Love that!
Over a week ago we took a Saturday afternoon to go "exploring" as the kids call it.  We went driving down through Wolverine Canyon.  We were a little late for some of the fall colors but it was still so pretty.   We stopped and explored a couple caves and a little stream.  And then stopped again at an overlook over a river.  



This picture totally makes me look pregnant, yikes!  Definitely not, just what happens after 3 kiddos.  (hence the working on health and fitness!)

Love this one!  We were matchers in our hot pink shirts!
Overlooking the river there were super old and rusted cars that had been driven off the cliff and then pulled back up.  Not quite sure why they did that.
Sunday mornings at church mean tired afternoons.  She never does this!
Kaley was giving Abby loves.
Love my girls!



No comments: