I really felt like I had a good first week on my own. The days went by quicker with Preston being gone and Abby gone for part of it. I was able to have dinner ready for when Steve got home by about 5:30 which felt nice. I took the twins and Kaley out by myself for the first time on Tuesday. We went to Sams Club because I knew I could fit them all in the big cart. I only needed a handful of things and thankfully nothing too big which was good since my cart was practically full with just kids. As easy as it might sound to go to Sams Club to grab a few things when there are two babies and a toddler tagging along it's a whole lot harder. Things like this cause me to have some really bad anxiety and really overwhelm me. It actually went pretty well but I was still nervous the entire time. I had finished my shopping and was in line for some lunch for Kaley and I (a must for Sams Club!) and the older woman in front of me asked about the babies and quickly told me that she is an identical twin and that she talks to her twin every day even though she lives across the country. She was so nice and kept oohing and ahhing at the babies and Kaley. I get up to the front and she turns to me to tell me that she is buying my lunch for me. After trying to refuse, she insisted and I thanked her profusely. I was beyond touched and was actually choking up a little. She had no idea this was my first real outing and my anxiety or how overwhelmed I felt. It was such a tender mercy and felt like it was Heavenly Father's way of telling me, "You can do this, I've got you." At the end of our eating her husband came up to my cart and starting talking to me and the twins, he was so nice also. So nice to know there are such nice people out there.
Steve had a good first week at work! He is getting in there and learning and they have started him out learning some more basic stuff and will be just adding to that from here. He seems to like the people he works with and has a good feeling about it so far. He is definitely a whole lot more tired and going to bed a lot earlier than he is used to but that is just part of the adjustment. In so many ways I feel like we can't believe that he actually got a job (not that he wasn't capable, just more that we waited so long.) and that this is the new normal.
We are on our second week and both Preston and Abby are out of school all week so I have had to figure out how to keep them entertained. On Monday we all worked together to clean the basement which desperately needed it. Then we used storage totes to have the three kids decorate their "cars" for our family room drive-in. They ate lunch in their cars and we watched Free Birds which was perfect for this week. It was so fun and the kids loved it! Tuesday and today (Wednesday) we have kept busy with play dates which the kids love and they get worn out! I love it! We are excited for Thanksgiving and that Steve has both Thursday and Friday off, yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment