Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Steve & Kiddos...

*This post is a little late but I didn't want to leave it out!*

On Friday, October 7th Preston and Abby had a random day off of school.  Steve was excited about this opportunity and realized that Yellowstone is still open in October and has been dying to go to on a day trip there for awhile, since it's just 2 hours away.  He had to wait and check the weather a ton because he definitely didn't want to make that drive in snow or anything like that (no snow tires!).  Thankfully the weather held up although it was going to be pretty cold (like 37 degrees!).  I sent those three off in the morning with lots of warm clothes and wished them luck!

They had an awesome day! Saw the highlights of Yellowstone, saw animals and had the place pretty much to themselves making it even better.  They stayed until after dark and didn't get home until after 10 and were absolutely exhausted!  I was so glad that they had such a great day, even if it was cold and they got worn out.

I had a really quiet day at home since it was just Kaley, the twins and I (funny how taking care of a 2 year old and two infant twins constituted a quiet day! oh how my life has changed!).  We watched "Frozen" and I got to do some relaxing in the sun and got a lot of cleaning done.  A nice break form our normal routine.

Although Steve had a great day with the older kids, we actually got some bad news while he was gone that he didn't get the job for a local company that we really, really wanted.  We had had that feeling for a few days before that but it never feels good to get the actual rejection.  I told Steve that that was the best way to get bad news, he was distracted and having an adventure and I was at home by myself so I could ugly cry, binge eat some Muddy Buddies, and angry clean the house.  We don't know why he didn't get that job, especially when we felt so good about it.  We don't know what comes next.  Will we ever actually start the next chapter of our lives? What are we missing or doing wrong?  It is so easy to go down the road of doubt and fear but we are trying to have faith and patience in this difficult time.  The unknown is so hard!!
They saw LOTS of buffalo which Steve was so happy about!




Love this!


They stayed a lot later than we thought they would and this was their last stop in the park.  The moon was out and they were the last car!  Pretty great end to their day.  They grabbed a late dinner before making their way back home.

No comments: