Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

This is the first Thanksgiving we haven't been with either of our parents since Preston was born (and we were in the hospital!).  We also didn't travel for the holiday, like we have for the past 4(?) years, the last two being to Nebraska.  I thought it would be hard or weird but to be honest it was relaxing and refreshing.  We got to sleep in a little and spend our morning watching that parade on tv.  At about noon we loaded up and headed down to spend the rest of the day with Steve's aunt and uncle, and a bunch of cousins.  We were worried how the babies would do since it was going to be a long day for them.  The kids had fun running around and playing the whole day, especially Kaley since there were two other littles that are 2 just like her.  The babies had a little bit of a hard time taking naps but overall they did so well, plus it helped that there were plenty of willing hands to help hold them.

We ate yummy food, laughed, played games, and had a great time.  We left after 8 with exhausted kiddos.  Unfortunately Steve had kidney stone pain kick in on the way home so I drove home.  He came home, took some pain killers and was fine.  All in all it was a really good day.





Are you kidding me?!


We got to celebrate the twins' first Thanksgiving and we are enjoying the holidays with these babes.  Last year at this time I was pregnant... exhausted, feeling sick, food aversions like crazy, and overall feeling yucky nonstop... and about to find out we were having twins.  Physically it was not a fun time of year and emotionally it was a roller coaster to say the least.  I feel like I am able to enjoy this magical time of year so much more and it feels good.

Between Thanksgiving, Steve's new job, the fact that it's been a year since we found out we were expecting, and the Christmas holiday I have been completely overwhelmed with gratitude.  We have oh so much to be thankful for.  I don't even know where to start.  A warm, comfortable house that we can fit in, even if it's a bit squished.  A job for Steve that we have been praying for for so long.  Five beautiful, healthy children along with our amazingly healthy twin pregnancy this year.  Families that love us and continue to show their support.  Faith, testimonies, a temple that is close, a loving ward family, a strong happy marriage, more than enough food to eat, and I could go on and on.  Are things perfect with us? No, of course not but I have been trying really hard to have more of an "attitude of gratitude" which goes a long way to be bring joy in my life even from the simple things.

I feel so blessed and love that we had such a good Thanksgiving!

No comments: