Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Denver...Finally!

Last week we got to go on our long awaited trip to Denver, Colorado to visit our good friends Nate and Sarah and their little boy Camden. We haven't seen them in forever so we were super excited to finally get out there. We had tons of fun doing lots of things including: hanging out, going to the Rockies v. Diamondbacks game, going to the temple, going to the children's museum, seeing the sights (and very nice, expensive houses) of Denver, watching the Olympics, playing Scrabble, and staying up late. The craziest part about the whole trip was the weather, it was nice and cool and then it got cold, really cold (at least for us Tucsonans!) It rained for 2 days straight and the high on Saturday was 58 degrees! I hadn't packed for that kind of weather, simply because it's August! Here are some pics of our fun:

The Gilchrist family

At the game, unfortunately that was the one game of the series that the D-Backs lost, but it was a lot of fun to go to a different ballpark.

I don't know if you can see, but this is the sign outside for the temple.

At the children's museum we had to put on little booties in order to go into the young children's section where we were able to watch Camden be so excited it might as well have been Disneyland.

Denver was beautiful and we had such a great time visiting our good friends. It instantly felt like old times and that's always the best!

4 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

Glad you had a good time, I know you guys had been waiting to go! Amy I also love the pictures of you I have been wanting some. You look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I agree Amy, you look great! I'm glad you guys got to go on a trip before all the fun baby stuff begins. And nice booties Steve, very hot! :)

Carrie said...

what a fun little getaway. i knew you'd have such a tiny belly amy!

Savana said...

looks like fun! Enjoy the time you have while you're still a two-some! (not that you can't have fun with 3, it just makes traveling a whole new expereince!)