We decided to go ahead and re-paint the office to make it more of a guest bedroom/office instead of just the random junk room. I picked a very neutral beige color called Winsome Beige. Friday night we painted the primer and first coat of paint and the plan for Saturday was to paint the second coat in the morning and then spend the rest of the day cleaning and putting the room back together. Well, that didn't happen when we woke up to find that the office was PINK!! For some reason in the daylight the paint turned into a dusty rose color, which made it look like we were painting a nursery for a girl, certainly not our goal. We had to pick out a new color and then paint 2 coats of that. It made for a very long and somewhat stressful day, but we are very excited about the results and are excited to get things put back together!
Before:
Starting to cover the pink:
After: (pretty yellow, but it's cheerful and we like it)
6 comments:
So you don't like Pink guestrooms... guess you guys will be sleeping on the couch next time you come to visit us!!!
Of course you know I love the yellow room since that is the firt thing you see when you walk in our house. I love it and can't wait to see the rest of it and what you will do with the nursery.
We are so proud of you, Steve! You are clearly being very brave by putting away the Star Wars items. We recognize the pain and sacrifice involved here. We also like the new(est) color!
Ha ha, I love that picture of Steve. I had to do the same thing with Mike. He had DOZENS of old soccer trophies, you know that cheap plastic ones from when he was 5 years old. We didn't have room to store all of that with all of Alissa's stuff so I took a picture of him surrounded by his mountains of trophies before we chucked them. He had an identical face to Steve.
So brave Steve, it's all part of growing up and getting boring! J/k! But way to go! Maybe someday you can have your very own Star Wars room for all your stuff!
By the way, I totally get the paint-over story. We had our first experience with that in this new apartment. Short version: I wanted to go with the same gold color as the bed room in the fam. room, Mahlon wanted something more bold to match the red accent wall so we/he picked a bright yellow. One coat on and Mahlon hated it! I joked around about our "Ketchup and Mustard" house. So about 10min after the first coat went on, we painted over it with the bedroom color and Mahlon never heard the end of it!
p.s. I like the yellow!
Yeah, I got a baby present for Preston. He's going to love it!
Steve, I remember the day I had to give up my office for Davis. I had to box up a lot of stuff (including my Star Wars action figures) and put them in the basement. Here is the real sad part...they are still there! Once kids take over your life I don't think you get it back until they move out. Some days they are worth it though! :)
Post a Comment