Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a great weekend!!

Steve and I headed up to Phoenix last weekend to spend some time with my family! We've been looking forward to this weekend for a while and were excited to hang out with everyone. Friday night after we got up there we just hung out and chatted for a while.

Saturday Dan & Aranne and Steve & I went to Walmart and Starbucks to run some errands and then headed back to my parents to meet up with Nate & Katie for lunch. Well to my big SURPRISE, I opened the door to a surprise baby shower!! Apparently, Aranne, Katie, my mom, and Steve have been planning this for quite some time and they completely surprised me. I had no idea! It was so sweet of them to do and was so much fun. I got to see some friends and some people from my parents' ward and from growing up. Preston got some great gifts and we're really starting to get geared up for him to be here soon!

That night we hung out with some pizza and all carved pumpkins. Only it wasn't normal pumpkins, they were styrofoam! It was fun to try something new, they turned out great and now we have them forever!

Sunday we were able to go to church with my parents and have a relaxing Sunday which we haven't been able to do for a long, long time. It was really nice!

We had such a wonderful weekend that we were really not ready to drive back home and return to normal life. We are so happy that we have such wonderful family not too far from us! Thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Aranne and Dan said...

Glad you had a fun time at the shower. We had a great weekend too. Can't wait to see all 3 of you soon!