Thankfully the week got much better as we had the chance to fly out to Idaho to see Steve's family. We were hoping to be able to be there when Steve's brother, Daniel, who is serving in the army in Iraq right now gets to come home for 2 weeks. At first we thought we would be there at the same time, but his plans kept changing and being pushed back so unfortunately we didn't get to see him. He's supposed to be able to go home for a month at the end of his deployment which is in February, so we're looking forward to February or March to be able to see him.
We got there late Thursday night and just went to bed after a little bit of chatting. Friday we helped them move some furniture around and do some organizing around the house. Thankfully Steve and his dad did all the heavy lifting and I only had to carry the light stuff. After that we headed to Idaho Falls to do a little bit of shopping and go out to dinner to celebrate his dad's birthday. We went to Garcia's and they had him wear this hat while they sang to him!
Saturday we were able to enjoy conference at home all day. That night while the boys were at Priesthood session, Steve's mom and his sister Angie threw me a little baby shower. It was was all family with Grandma Chandler and some aunts and some cousins. It was lots of fun and was a super sweet thing for them to do. It was supposed to be a surprise, but Steve's mom spilled the beans a day early, that's ok it was still great!!
Sunday was a wonderful day of conference again. I have to say that I absolutely love conference. There is always at least one talk that I feel was written specifically for me. Although I know that's not exactly true, I love that I can feel the spirit so strongly listening to the words of the leaders of the church. It always leaves me feeling so uplifted and motivated to do better in my life.
Also on Sunday, Angie was nice enough to cut and highlight my hair. Steve was also in need of a haircut and we've (Steve) decided that we could save a lot of money if I cut his hair from now on. So with lots of help and instruction from Angie I cut Steve's hair. It turned out great but I'll be very nervous the first time I have to do it all by myself! I think Steve was a little nervous too!
Really we just spent this trip hanging out with the family. We also had a lot of fun playing with our nephew Tyson who is 7 months old and growing so fast. We kept telling him that the next time we see him he'll have a little cousin to play with, although Preston might not be so much fun to play with for a little while.
It was a super relaxing trip and we are so grateful we have such loving and supportive family. Thanks guys for everything, for the great trip and for all the wonderful things you do for us!
4 comments:
You're brave Steve. I cut Mike's hair once and he will never let me near his head again. So he's been cutting his own hair for years now. I'm glad you guys had a great trip!
I have heard Garcia's is so good! Sorry you missed Daniel since I know that was the point of the trip but glad you had fun anyways and I am sure the shower was a blast. Hope you got some fun goodies for Preston..
Amy I'm going to need you to fatten up if we are going to remain friends! Seriously I'm triple chinnin' it as we speak! :) I love coming on and seeing how far along you are, you're getting up there!
Wow, Uncle John looks good in that hat! I cut Trent's hair too, and every time Trent starts out with that expression that Steve has...usually ends with that expression too...
Post a Comment