
Yes, I was one of the many that saw Twilight last night! My wonderful husband went with me and braved the crowds of giggling teenage girls. We had seen the James Bond movie earlier this week which was overflowing with testosterone, so I figure we're equal now. Actually to Steve's surprise, I wasn't dying to see this movie opening night, but we had some free passes and it was either go opening weekend or wait quite some time with this baby almost here. I'm glad I saw it and I thought it was pretty good, certainly not fabulous with it's CW network (a cross between the O.C. and Buffy the Vampire Slayer) vibe to it at times, but it stuck to the book which I always like. I liked the casting of almost everyone especially Bella, Charlie, and Alice, but I'm still not completely sold on Edward yet. I found I was kind of creeped out by him at times instead of falling madly in love with him. I'll be interested to see if they go through with plans to make more movies and see how those turn out.
9 comments:
I've heard mixed reviews on this, but I have heard a concensus on the acting from Bella. Is she just a bad actress? No one says exactly what it is so I'm curious. (she is rather annoying in the books :)I'm not sure if I'll be going to see it. I like how you described it as a CW network vibe. That's so funny. The previews for it did look a bit cheesy.
Can't wait to hear that Preston has arrived. Good luck!!
Good luck this week...we'll keep you guys in our prayers! Hopefully he''ll turn out cute and not too much like a fraggle...wait, I guess that would be my babies... :-)
I went to twilight too with the screaming teens - I thought it was pretty good and the screaming girls added a lot!
There were tid bits I could let bug here and there but overall, going into it being indifferent, I was quite entertained. I'm glad you were one of the "trekkies" that saw it opening weekend too!
I'll be thinking about you guys a lot this week and can't wait to hear the fabulous news! Email me if you need anything!
I'm taking Mike to see it tomorrow and I've been hearing completely different things from people. What did Steve think? Mike is a little weary going to see a movie that teenage girls are obsessed about.
Steve HATED it!!!!! TERRIBLE movie. Any guy who likes this movie WILL have his man card revoked immediately. But I am glad that I was able to spend time with my adorable wife!
Sincerely,
Steve
Well I didn't want to fight the crowds opening weekend but we have plans to take a "girls" night over the Thanksgiving Weekend to see it. Mahlon won't even go with me so I give props to Steve and Mike! Good Luck this week! Yeah! Baby!
Ha ha, thanks for the man review Steve:) I think I'll bring a lot of chocolate to keep Mike distracted. I just hope I can keep him from laughing during the whole thing. He tends to do that to entertain himself if he finds something boring or cheesy. I keep checking your blog every day for a baby update, I'm so excited for you guys!
I can tell Steve loved it! hee hee
Ok, Mike gets to keep his man card :)
Post a Comment