Amy and I arrived at the hospital yesterday morning at 7 am for her scheduled inducement. I told the nurses that I would like him to be born before noon so we could all go out to lunch, but not surprisingly, our little boy did not listen to me! We spent the remainder of the day sitting and being bored. At 8 pm it was finally go time. I was so impressed with Amy. She just beared down with no crying, complaining, or yelling at me! After about 90 minutes of pushing, we were told that Preston wasn't positioned correctly and was too big for Amy's build so they had to take Amy in for a C-section. Amy and I were both a little frightened by this, but after 15 minutes of surgery we heard our little boy for the first time at 10:15 pm. What an AMAZING event. I don't even have adequate words to describe all of this. He weighed 7 lbs 9.8 oz and is 20.5 inches long. He has a nice head of hair, too! Our nurses have all been wonderful as have all the doctors. We will be here until Sunday morning. Everyone is doing well. Amy is sore, but recovering nicely and Preston has passed all his tests so far with flying colors. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. We love you all and thank you for your love and care.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
He's Here!!!
Preston Steven Wilker has finally arrived!!
Amy and I arrived at the hospital yesterday morning at 7 am for her scheduled inducement. I told the nurses that I would like him to be born before noon so we could all go out to lunch, but not surprisingly, our little boy did not listen to me! We spent the remainder of the day sitting and being bored. At 8 pm it was finally go time. I was so impressed with Amy. She just beared down with no crying, complaining, or yelling at me! After about 90 minutes of pushing, we were told that Preston wasn't positioned correctly and was too big for Amy's build so they had to take Amy in for a C-section. Amy and I were both a little frightened by this, but after 15 minutes of surgery we heard our little boy for the first time at 10:15 pm. What an AMAZING event. I don't even have adequate words to describe all of this. He weighed 7 lbs 9.8 oz and is 20.5 inches long. He has a nice head of hair, too! Our nurses have all been wonderful as have all the doctors. We will be here until Sunday morning. Everyone is doing well. Amy is sore, but recovering nicely and Preston has passed all his tests so far with flying colors. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. We love you all and thank you for your love and care.




Amy and I arrived at the hospital yesterday morning at 7 am for her scheduled inducement. I told the nurses that I would like him to be born before noon so we could all go out to lunch, but not surprisingly, our little boy did not listen to me! We spent the remainder of the day sitting and being bored. At 8 pm it was finally go time. I was so impressed with Amy. She just beared down with no crying, complaining, or yelling at me! After about 90 minutes of pushing, we were told that Preston wasn't positioned correctly and was too big for Amy's build so they had to take Amy in for a C-section. Amy and I were both a little frightened by this, but after 15 minutes of surgery we heard our little boy for the first time at 10:15 pm. What an AMAZING event. I don't even have adequate words to describe all of this. He weighed 7 lbs 9.8 oz and is 20.5 inches long. He has a nice head of hair, too! Our nurses have all been wonderful as have all the doctors. We will be here until Sunday morning. Everyone is doing well. Amy is sore, but recovering nicely and Preston has passed all his tests so far with flying colors. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. We love you all and thank you for your love and care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
We are so happy for you guys and glad to know that mom and baby are doing well. We wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and know for sure what you are thankful for this year. Can't wait to see you guys and meet our new Nephew!!
Congratulations!! Hope all goes well with your recovery, Amy. Preston is adorable!
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!
Woo Hoo!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope the recovery goes well. That can be a little rough...especially with a C-section. We'll be thinking of you.
AND...he's absolutely adorable! Congrats on you super cute fam!
Oh my gosh you guys! He looks absoulutely perfect!!! So adorable!! Thanks so much for posting the pictures!!! I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you Amy! You'll recover faster if Steve changes every diaper until he goes back to work...it worked for me!!!
Congratulations!!!!
Nancy
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving as a cute little family this year! All our congrats! Tell Preston (or shall we call him mini Steve?) we absolutely love his beautiful dark hair. He's incredible.
Congrats you guys!!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to meet little Preston! You definitely have something to be thankful for! Hope to see you all soon and get some rest. We love you guys!
It is so good to hear that Amy and Preston are doing well. I am glad that he is a healthy little boy. Congratulations enjoy your lil baby. I am amazed at the hair how fun!!!
He really does look a lot like Steve, but you never can tell. They change so much in the first few months. Let me know when you guys are all settled next week so I can stop by and see Preston! And Amy, if you need any help after Steve goes back to work getting around or with anything just let me know! Even if you just want a nap :)
Amy and Crazy Steve, We are thrilled for you. All 3 of you. He is absolutely darling!!! Amy you are a trooper and you look great! We can't wait to see our new nephew and cousin. Let us know next time you are coming to Utah. Love you all... Rees, Lisa, Rachel, & Garrett (aka Supercrombie)
Congrats! He is darling! He looks just like Steve! I hear c-sections can be hard, i hope you are doing well and feel better quickly! congrats!
Post a Comment