Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Polar Express Debate...

As some of you know, Steve and I have gone to the Polar Express in Williams, AZ for the past 2 years and have loved every minute of it. Because of its popularity, last year we went ahead and purchased our tickets for the Polar Express this year. Of course at that point we didn't know that we would have a little boy at this time this year. From the time that we found out we were expecting, the great debate in our house has been whether or not we could go to the Polar Express. We asked family, friends, and co-workers if they thought we should make the trip and brave the cold weather with just a 2 week old baby. Although we were super tempted to just go for it, we decided it was probably not the smartest thing for us to do right now.

So, last Friday came and went and our Polar Express tickets were left unused. We were very sad and figure this is the first of many sacrifices that we will make for our children. To my surprise though, Steve had set up a whole Polar Express night for Preston and I, including cookies, hot chocolate, pajamas, and the movie (even though Preston was fussy and then just slept through the whole thing). It was sweet of him and fun to still do something to get us in the holiday spirit. We are excitedly looking forward to next year and going to the Polar Express with a one year old!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

How sweet! Tell him that I couldn't go to the Carrie Underwood concert because I am pregnant, I wonder what he'll do for me.... :)

Aranne and Dan said...

Very cute... what a great husband Steve is.. and a great dad too I am sure.

Anonymous said...

That was so nice Steve! And as someone who just took a one year old on the Polar Express, make sure that get he gets a really good nap that day or it can be a stressful train ride :) Maybe we'll see you there next year!

Savana said...

probably a good move on your part not to go and how sweet of Steve to do that!