I'm pretty sure Steve doesn't remember this (I'm good at remembering random dates), but 5 years ago today was our very first date! Now for a trip down memory lane...
Steve picked me up at my dorm and we went to a Chinese restaurant where we had dinner filled with nonstop conversation. We then borrowed his roommate's truck so we could go to the drive-in and sit in the bed of it. We saw the movies "50 First Dates" and "Secret Window." The funny thing is that tons of things went wrong: we couldn't figure out how to get the keys out of the truck, had to go back to his house because we forgot the radio face plate, Steve stalled the truck, we got there late, it started POURING rain, we had to run the wipers to watch the rest of the movie in the cab of the truck, every time we turned on the car to run the wipers the headlights would come on too, and we laughed when the windows got steamy but only because of the rain outside! We knew instantly that we had something special because even with all the things that went wrong, we had an amazing time and none of it bothered us.
We have been together ever since and it's fun to look back on those fun dating memories. A lot has changed since then but we still have so much fun together and I'm sure that will never change!
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I love the picture, you guys look great!!!
Happy Anniversary you two! Is that a before/after pic? I can't even tell cause you two haven't aged much!
Wow,... has it really been 5 years? That's awesome! You guys are sooo cute!
you had your first date the day i got married!
Post a Comment