Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Simple Things...

I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and advice from the post about Preston's naps (or lack thereof). Since then things have gone pretty well. I've had to let him cry a little in order to get his little body the sleep it needs and his usual nap consists of only 40 minutes, but that is way better than nothing! Yesterday was the best as he took 2 hour and a half naps and a 40 minute nap! I don't expect it to be a regular thing, but it was a big accomplishment for Preston.

I know it's halfway through the week now, but I need to post about what a great weekend we had. We didn't go on vacation or do anything really big actually, it was just the small simple stuff that made it so great. Friday night we went to a home teaching BBQ with the families that home teach us and the other family they home teach. It was a great way to get to know them all better and Preston did great even though it was right at his bedtime. Saturday, we got some things done around the house and then ventured out to the mall! I know, super exciting right?! We haven't been shopping in forever and have been home bodies so much lately with trying to get Preston to nap. We got some great deals and Preston did awesome! We wrapped up the night with some Taco Bell, working on some fun projects at home, and a watching a movie. Like I said, nothing too remarkable, but somehow it was the best weekend we've had in a little bit. Spending time together as a little family is always the best!

Just some cute pics!



3 comments:

angie & ty said...

Preston is getting so big. Cant wait to see you guys in a couple of days!

Carol Lambert said...

Cute baby! Steve, the picture of you holding Preston on your shoulders absolutely looks like your dad holding you! I know your family is really excited for you to come visit! Have a wonderful time in Idaho--and hope you don't freeze!
Love,
Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he is starting to sleep a little bit better for you guys. Cute pics!