
Sundays have quickly become our least favorite day, which I feel horrible for saying! Preston is not a fan of church, actually I think it would be more accurate to say he hates church. He refuses to nap while we are there and it's just stimulation overload with all the sights and noise. He ends up completely fried by the time we get home and we spend the whole evening in recovery trying to get him some much needed sleep.
Today was even worse! He decided he was done with church about 15 minutes into it. He cried in the foyer with Steve for a little and then I went to feed him in the mothers' room. Halfway through eating he had an exploding diaper that messed up his whole outfit. I cleaned him all up and fed him through lots of fussing on his part. He was really upset when I was burping him and then spit up on my whole shoulder and it went all down my back! It then took about about 15 minutes of rocking to get him calmed down and to start falling asleep, but once I went to primary for our callings he woke right up and stared freaking out again. It was at that point that we just decided it would be better for me to just take him home. I was able to get him to nap and thankfully he slept in his swing for a long time this evening. It was just one of those days!! And unfortunately, I'm sure it's not the last!
7 comments:
I so know what you mean Kaylee is 14 months and wants to run around in the foyer, she also loved to run around in the primary room, thankfully we got released today but I haven't been to RS in months and don't know how she's gonna act there.
That's so rough! I totally have church anxiety with Hayley! Thankfully she has slept all 3 times we've been to church but we stiLl haven't stayed for the whole block yet. I'm sure those crazy days are coming for us too! I wish I had advice but I so don't! Good luck!
Oh man! I'm sorry. This is a good prep story for me. Matt's in YMs... so I'll be fairing the little during church. :)
Amy, I remember those times so well. They pass really fast though. My kids rarely cried, but I remember Garrett throwing anything he could find each week and always hitting someone in the back of the head. He had a really hard, long and fast throw and at first people didn't know where it was coming from and then pretty soon, everyone started to expect that they would get hit with something. Anyway, just wait until Preston can throw. Even today for us, Sundays are not a day of rest. Have a fun week. LY!!!
This is normal. Lincoln goes to nursery in 4 months from this Sunday but who is counting?! Good luck.
The good news is it gets better before it gets worse. Once he can sit up and entertain himself a little and eat cheerios it is bliss for a few weeks.
PS. He is so cute!
we are at that awful 'not yet in nursery stage' and it is killing me! but from talking to other moms and reading the comments, it's pretty common. my advice is, regardless of your calling, do what's best for you and baby. if primary is too overstimulating, don't stay in there too long; try to find a quiet room or take a walk outside. easier said than done, but... good luck!
Another stage that will pass...
He sounds like Tyson Jr. :)
Post a Comment