Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Birthday!

Wednesday was my birthday, number 27!!  Pretty crazy considering I think I mentally stopped getting older at 19, haha.  I still get excited for my birthday and look forward to it and it's fun to remember birthdays as a kid and all of the excitement and preparation involved in my little birthday parties... good memories!

Steve was actually supposed to be out of town this week and miss my b-day... he was going to be in Nebraska helping his dad move there because he is starting a new job there.  He was supposed to be starting on Monday but since his house almost burnt down, he postponed his start date for two weeks (I'll definitely be posting more about this, sad face).  I wasn't looking forward to celebrating my day alone but wasn't sure what we were going to do now that plans had change.  Well, Steve took care of that for me and surprised me with planning and arranging our first overnight date away from the kids since before Abby was born to Lava Hot Springs.  He actually told me on Sunday since I'm such a planner and it's takes a little more work to get the kids ready and packed also.  I was very excited!

We headed down to Pocatello that afternoon to drop the kids off at my in-laws house.  Preston was very excited about his sleepover without us and he was excited after I told him that this was Abby's first sleepover.  Lava Hot Springs is this tiny little town just 30 minutes away from Pocatello.  Our hotel was in this very old, cute building.  It looked a little iffy on the outside and down the hallways but the room was so nice and cute and newly remodeled.  It even had a giant bath tub with the natural mineral water (I got to take a bath for the first time in years, it was so relaxing!).  We had dinner at a cute mom and pop country restaurant, got to walk around the Sunken Gardens, and then went to the hot pools that night.  And by hot, I mean HOT!  A little too hot actually.  We got in the coolest of the three and it was still hot tub temperatures, not so great in the summertime (totally considering going again in the winter, that would be awesome!).  We had such a great time and it was nice to not be mommy for about 18 hours and just relax.  Seriously I can't remember the last time I had been so relaxed, so nice.

We got to sleep in the morning and take our time before heading over to the Lava Hot Springs summer pools.  We had gone last summer and definitely wanted to go again.  Angie came and brought Tyson, Preston, and Abby which worked out great.  They got delayed and ended up taking a lot longer to get there so Steve and I took advantage of the time and went on all of the slides we wanted while we waited.  We had a great time swimming with the kiddos and by the time we were ready to start packing up, a storm had rolled  in and they were telling everyone to get out... so the timing actually worked for us.  We were definitely exhausted that night but it was so worth it, such a fun little trip and good memories!!

These two pictures were taken right when we got there when it opened... it got WAY busier and all of the grassy areas were filled!



I had forgotten Abby's floaty at home and they of course sell them there, thankfully a nice lady let us use hers that her son didn't like, so it ended up working out.
Abby LOVED swimming in the water but she was definitely pooped when she was done!
 

1 comment:

Mike and Holly said...

It just SO doesn't seem like 27 years ago! Love you!!!