Thursday, July 5, 2012

A few projects...

Just a few projects that I've been meaning to document...

My sister-in-law Aranne called awhile back and asked me to make a cape that she could give as a gift.  It was for a girl who turned 5 who is a tomboy obsessed with superheroes.  We decided on a Spiderman / Wonder Woman cape.  A new one for me but I think it turned out great.


Preston's wall: I was trying to figure out a way to display Preston's projects he was bringing home from preschool.  This turned out great... I already had the twine and just tacked it up.  I got some clothespins and painted them with paint I already had.  Awhile back Preston requested to have a picture of Jesus in his room,  a request we gladly fulfilled with our picture we used to have in our family room.  A week later he saw this Star Wars picture (actually a puzzle that Steve's mom had put together for him and framed) in our basement and wanted it in his room too.  Between Star Wars and Jesus, his room seems pretty well balanced, haha.


Bow board: Another project I had been meaning to do for some time.  Angie had made me a bow board before Abby was born but we had no idea how much hair, and therefore hair accessories, Abby would have so it just didn't have enough room anymore.  I have seen bow boards like this and it was actually a very easy project, only downside was that it ended up being more expensive than I had hoped... mostly because you can't just buy a small sheet of chicken wire, but a whole roll.  Oh well, guess I need to find some chicken wire projects, but I LOVE how this turned out.

Thought I'd throw this one in too... made it for Steve for Fathers' Day.


I haven't done any projects lately :( mostly because my spare time at night has been taken up by running because I decided to train for a 10k... but more on that later.

No comments: