I'm can't quite believe it but I've taken up running! A couple months ago, Steve just threw it out there that we should do a 5k together. I have always wanted to do one but I've never actually made the effort to do it. I was pretty surprised that Steve was the one to bring it up since he's definitely not a runner. Well, I decided to make it even more challenging and make the goal for me to run a 10k, 6.2 miles. Definitely a daunting task!! I have run in the past here and there but never anything super consistent. At most I was running a couple times a week a year before I got pregnant with Preston (just a little while ago!) but even then I was only running 2 miles and it was hard.
We ended buying a used treadmill (at a good price!) which is seriously my favorite thing in the world! It's awesome because I am a wimp when it comes to the weather and just schedule wise it is a lot easier that I don't have to go anywhere. I run after I put the kids to bed and just go down in our basement and turn on my recorded shows while I run. It has worked out great. My race is August 11th, so I haven't done it yet. I made up a training schedule and even though I've had to switch around some days, I've only missed a few. So far I have been so surprised and amazed at how it's going. I started off with running just a mile and it was hard, so to know that I have now run 4.5 miles (that's where I'm up to now), is pretty awesome. I'm also surprised at how much I actually enjoy running and look forward to it. It's not fun and definitely not easy (and as I've heard from so many people, it never gets easy) but I love the feeling of finishing a run and reaching my goal each time. I know I will be super nervous to actually do the race, I have this fear that I will be in dead last, but it will be awesome to accomplish this big goal I have set for myself. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:
So way cool! So proud of you and your efforts!!!!
Post a Comment