Today is my baby girl's birthday. She's two and I can hardly believe it. Weird to think that I don't have a baby anymore even though I still think of her as my baby. We were able to have a fun day with her even though Steve was super sick today (and will most likely be sick for his birthday tomorrow too. :( ). We had balloons, decorations, lunch at Chick-fil-A, opening presents, and yummy cupcakes. I hope she had a good day even though I'm not sure she entirely knew what was going on!
 |
| New chair that matches the one Preston already has. |
 |
| She had been telling me she was all done but I was finishing cleaning the kitchen when I looked over and found her like this. She was actually pretty upset because it was getting in her eye but she just kept rubbing it. |
Oh how we love this little girl!!! She has brought more joy and love into our family than I could've ever imagined. She is full of sunshine, smiles, and laughter. She is for sure starting to express her opinion and displeasure if she doesn't get her way which is to be expected from a 2 year old. I just love her happy and social personality! She's always waving and saying hi to everyone. She seems to be musical, loving to sing songs (her favorite being "e-i-o" which she feels are the words to every song, even the ones at church) and she loves to dance and will ask me or Steve to "din" with her if there is music on. She loves her brother so so much. Loves to play with him and puts up with his roughness most of the time. She's started asking for hugs from us and from Preston and it's precious. Every time we lay her down for bed she stands back up for one last hug and kiss, so sweet. She's talking more and more and always surprises us with new words and starting to put two words together like "Daddy go." She has a nickname for blankets "gee-kee" and has a favorite pink polka dot one that she will ask for when she is upset or tired. Funny that she has attached to it because we've never tried to have her attach to anything. I know there's probably more about Abby that I should document and remember, but for now that's all. Just love her so much and feel so blessed to be this sweet girl's mother. How did I get so lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment