Staying at home with 2 kiddos can be quite an adventure... one day will be just playing, having fun full of smiles and other days the kids just drive me bananas. But it really is fun and I really am grateful for this time with them before they are off to school for the majority of the day. I feel like there are so many sweet moments that I try to take mental pictures of because I can't quite capture them with a camera.
- Ok, the first one I did get on camera finally.
This is what the kids look like every time Steve leaves for work. They get so excited to run to the door and wave and yell goodbye and love you. Pretty much the cutest thing. Abby will even do it by herself if Preston isn't awake yet and will run saying "Way, way" (wave). They love their Daddy so much and get so excited when he comes home everyday.
- Morning cuddles... Abby is always the first one awake and we have our routine of grabbing her blanket, changing her diaper, getting her milk and cuddling on the couch watching whatever's Disney Junior. We always get a good 20 minutes of hanging out together. And then when Preston wakes up he does the same. And on most mornings I get to cuddle both of them at the same time. It's the best!
- Abby's new cheesy face... she'll just looked at me with this huge cheesy grin with her eyes closed and then a cheesy forced laugh. She can be such a ham sometimes and loves to get laughs and smiles.
- Bedtime with Preston... Part of Preston's bedtime routine is Steve or I laying down with him for 5-10 minutes. Most of the time he wants me to lay down with him and it's such a sweet time. Sometimes we just lie there and sometimes he tells me about the day and other times we just tickle and make each other laugh. When I try to kiss him goodnight and leave he always asks for 2 more minutes. I usually give in because I know there will come a day when he won't need anyone to help him go to bed. Such precious moments.
- Abby and Preston are best buddies! I love to watch these two together. They watch out for each other and make sure the other is ok if they are crying or hurt. They love to play together and just be by each other. When Abby joined our family I knew she would bring us a lot of joy, but I didn't expect some of that joy to be from watching the relationship between her and Preston develop and grow stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment