Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pregnancy... almost done!

Taken today, one day before 37 weeks and HUGE!
I'm almost to the finish line!  On Tuesday we only have 2 weeks until baby is scheduled to come, so CRAZY!  When people ask me how I am doing, the best thing I can think to say is that I feel very pregnant.  Overall I think I have been doing/feeling really well with this pregnancy... until about 2 or 3 weeks ago and then I just felt for real pregnant: tired, big, achy/sore, with heartburn kicked into high gear.  Still no serious complaints and for that I am really grateful.  I just think some of these things are more pronounced having to take care of the other 2 kiddos and always being on the go, not much chance to take it easy.  

I had a little bit of a scare 3 weeks ago today, one day before being 34 weeks along.  It was Sunday afternoon after church when we usually just take it easy and watch a movie with the kids.  I was feeling fine that day and then started feeling really uncomfortable and achy and then I started having back pain and cramps all over my belly.  The pain, especially in my back, just got worse and worse until it just wouldn't ease up and I was in tears from the pain.  We weren't sure what to do and debated but after over an hour of this pain we decided it best for me to go into the hospital.  We called some friends in the ward and dropped the kids off and then headed to Labor and Delivery.  They hooked me up to the monitor and asked me lots of questions and just watched me for a long time.  Based on the monitor and after checking me, they said that I was not in actual labor at all but was just having weird little contractions, which was where the pain was coming from.  After a while they gave me a shot to stop the contractions.  It worked immediately and the pain was gone too, which felt great after 4 hours of it.  After a little longer of monitoring, they let me go go home.  They said it was just one of those random things with no real explanation and that it may or may not happen again.  I felt fine after that besides just being really worn out.  I was just so grateful that it was just a shot that did the trick and that we didn't have baby early or that there was no pre-term labor concerns and no bed rest either.  It was adventure but so grateful it turned out the way it did!  

It's been 3 weeks since that and I haven't had anything like that happen again which is good!  Baby has stayed put so far and we are really hoping she stays their until her schedule July 15th c-section.  Sometimes (like yesterday) I have days where I just feel crummy and I'm wondering if baby is really going to wait 2 more weeks to make her appearance.  I'm not sure if it's just me being paranoid, but I have this feeling like I should get some things ready now just in case... hospital bag was packed yesterday!  We just have to wait and see, and either way we will just be happy to have our baby girl here and healthy... it would just be easier if my mom is here to watch the kids for us!

No comments: