Sunday, January 30, 2011

Big Boy Bed...

I have kind of been dreading this new phase of Preston's life, but yet here we are! It's time for him to make the leap to a big boy bed. We decided to use our queen size guest bed to save us from having to buy a new bed. Of course they don't make kid bed sets in queen size so we've been debating on what to do about that. Bedding is so expensive, it's pretty crazy, so we thought about making our own comforter for him. After searching and searching, we found absolutely no fabric that we liked and with the amount of fabric we'd have to buy, it actually would've only saved us a few dollars in the end. We ended up biting the bullet and buying him a full size set at Target that I think is really cute. Of course the sheets don't fit, but I plan on using those to make coordinating curtains and we actually found cute stripped sheets that match at Walmart for only $7. Anyways, it's starting to come together and now we just need to work on the decor which we have some plans for.

We ordered a bed rail that won't be here until the end of this week, but we were excited to get the bed set up and see how it would all fit. Preston was VERY excited about his big boy bed, which we were happy to see. We actually moved his crib to the side of the bed to act as a temporary rail. He was so excited about it that we let him sleep in it last night. I thought for sure he'd be up and down a bunch of times but he went right to sleep. He stumbled into our bedroom at 6am a little freaked out and Steve ended up sleeping the rest of the morning with him in his bed (he slept in until 9am, which was awesome!). I'm very curious to see what the coming nights have in store for us. I suspect there will be some long, rough nights and I'm very worried about nap times, but that's just part of the deal. It's just so fun to see how excited Preston is to be a "big boy." I love this little guy!

Putting the bed together. Preston helped by lining up all of his cars at the foot of the bed.



Wish us luck because I think we're going to need it!!

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Wow! Good luck! I'm super worried about the transition to a big bed too. Hope it goes well. If you learn any great tips along the way, please let me know. I'm totally fine to leave Hayley in the crib for another year. We'll see if we can get away with that. ;)

Adrian said...

p.s. the bedding is super cute!!!