Sunday, January 30, 2011

Update...

My posts lately have only been about Preston, which is no surprise to me since he really is the focus of our home and so much of our time. But here's what else is going on...

- Today is the first day of my third trimester. I'm really looking and feeling pregnant and my big belly is starting to get in the way! Now is the fun part of being uncomfortable and not being able to sleep well, but I'll take it for a healthy little baby. Miss Abby is going to be a gymnast someday because I swear she's doing summer-salts in there and she's always kicking and moving. I'm very grateful that once again in this pregnancy I've only had little complaints and that everything is progressing healthy and normal. Still kind of crazy to us that in about 2 and a half months we'll have a brand new baby on our hands! But we're excited to meet this little girl!

- Along with Preston, I headed to the dentist last week. I hate the dentist and I have two more appointments scheduled to get work done, so that should be tons of fun... or not.

- Steve is starting to get a little busier for work. Construction is under way in the salon that is here but of course there have been many unexpected delays. It can be a little frustrating for Steve who's just ready to get the show on the road, but things are really going to pick up for him soon. It looks like the salon will be opening at the end of March which means they'll be having their grand opening event in mid-April... we could have some interesting scheduling conflicts since I'm having a baby about that same time too! Fun times ahead for sure!

- Can I just say how awesome Steve is?! I had a few really grumpy days this week, thanks mostly due to wonderful pregnancy hormones. I hate when you are grumpy for no reason but still can't get over that feeling. That's the worst. Through all of it Steve was such a champ and just told me it was ok and that it's just part of being pregnant. He even took Preston out to run errands a couple times to give me some peace and quiet. He's so awesome! And I love how good of buddies he and Preston are. They've really developed a special bond and I'm so grateful for the wonderful Father that Preston has.

- ...ok, this one's about Preston, but oh well. Preston is really starting to be a 2 year old. A phase that we're not in love with. Lately he's just been acting so crazy and loves to declare no to everything in front of him. He's definitely starting to test us and it's a learning process for us as his parents to know the best way to deal with him when he's being like this. Not always easy!

- Steve and I spoke in church today. Our topic was keeping the sabbath day holy. Our talks went really well and I think it's a great way for the people in our ward to get to know us. We ended up both being over prepared and had to cut a lot from our talks. I don't really have a problem with blatantly breaking the sabbath, but I know there are a lot of things I could be doing to make it more special and different from the rest of the days of the week. I'm going to work on making more of an effort on Sundays and try to prepare things and get them done of Saturday.

- I'm excited it's February this week. I think I'm having some of those pregnancy nesting tendencies because I find myself cleaning the most random things and have started making to do lists for things that need to get done before the baby comes. The lists are pretty long and a little overwhelming, but if I get a start on things this month, hopefully it won't be so bad.

Ok, I think I've babbled on long enough. And I'm sure most people don't care about the random details of our lives! But it feels good to get it out there!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

I really like hearing what you guys have been up to as well! I think we need to see another belly pic!