Sunday, June 1, 2014

Visit from the Wilkers!

 We just finished spending the week with Steve's family and what a fun week it was! Monday we headed down to Pocatello to spend Memorial Day with them and some of Steve's extended family.  We visited the graves of the Wilker side and Chandler side.  After that we had a big family BBQ at Grandma Chandler's house.  Angie and Tyson came home to Idaho Falls with us that night while John and Elaine stayed in Pocatello to take care of some things.  



Tuesday, Angie, the kids and I just stayed home and enjoyed the warm day.  We just let the kids play and play outside in the water, so relaxing to just watch the kids play and sit in the sun.




Preston got terribly spoiled while visiting them in Nebraska, the highlight of which was a couple Lego sets, one of which he was waiting to build with Daddy and Tyson.  
Way too much fun together!
John and Elaine got to our house Tuesday night.  Wednesday John, Elaine, Angie, Tyson, Preston and Abby (that's a mouthful!) went to Yellowstone for the day.  I'll do a separate post for that because they got some great pictures.  Steve had to work and I had the whole day kid-free.  Holy moly that was pretty nice!!  I love my kids dearly but it has been forever since I've been able to run more than one errand by myself.  I was able to go to 6 different places in 2 hours and that included a 15 minute drive to and from the library.  It was crazy how fast I could get things done.  Steve and I took advantage of our kid free state and went to the movies after he got off of work.  They had a great time in Yellowstone and got home by 9:30.

Thursday we all went to lunch at Leo's Place to let the kids play.  That afternoon the boys went to see Rio 2, Grammy and I relaxed at home, and Angie and I did some shopping and got pedicures.  We hung out the rest of the night and of course stayed up far too late.

Friday, John and Elaine headed back to Pocatello in the morning.  Angie, the kids and I headed down there early in the afternoon.  We played at Grandma Chandler's house and then got to go to the Pocatello fire department open house.  So fun for the kids, well, the boys mostly because Abby was not a fan of the fire trucks.  Steve drove down after he was done with work, the girls headed to a baby shower for a couple of Steve's cousins and the boys got dinner and played at the park.  





Abby was cuddling with Grandma Chandler for the longest time that night.  She's been quite the fiesty pants lately so moments like these are kind of surprising.
We all gathered back at Grandma Chandler's house.  We were all exhausted, especially the kids who were ready to pass out, and were not looking forward to saying goodbye.  So hard!!  We left there at about 10:15 and about 2 minutes later I got into a minor car accident.  Timing is always great for things like that!  It wasn't my fault and we were all fine.  The van has some scrapes and small dents above the back wheel on the driver's side.  Even still it was no fun at all and sure gets your adrenaline going since I had to quickly swerve to avoid an even bigger accident.  I am just so, so grateful that Steve was following right behind me and was there for me.  We had to wait for the police to file the accident report.  We finally got on the rode at 11:20pm with an hour long drive home.  What a late (crazy) night!  Saturday Steve had work and Preston had soccer at 8am, we were all exhausted!!  Even still, it was worth spending as much time as we could with family.  They are wonderful and are so good to us and our kids.  We absolutely hate being so far away but it makes us treasure the time we have together that much more.  

1 comment:

Emily said...

looks like such an amazing time!