
Last night we had the chance to go to the Carrie Underwood concert. When we first heard that she was coming to town we really wanted to go, but we weren't sure if we should spend the money. Well, one day when I was opening the mail, there was Carrie Underwood tickets! Steve had wanted to surprise me, but he hadn't counted on me opening the mail. I was still super surprised and very excited.
Last night was finally the conert and Steve had gotten us great seats on the floor. The opener for the concert was Josh Turner. We kind of felt bad that we only knew one song of his, but we later realized that we had heard a couple others. He has a super low voice and we really liked him. We'll definitely have to get his CD!

After a break, it came time for the main event: Carrie Underwood! We both really love her music and we really like her because she seems so sweet and down to earth. What we didn't realize about where our seats were, is that they were situated right next to the end of a long runway. So several times during her show, Carrie Underwood would walk down to end of it and she was literally 15 feet away from us. It was the coolest thing ever! I told Steve that we were so close that I felt like she and I could be best friends. She gave a great, high energy show that had us losing our voices by the end because of all the screaming and yelling that we were doing. Now for the bad part: we totally didn't take our camera! I don't know what we were thinking. I guess we just didn't want to carry it around and we never imagined that we would be that close! We regreted that the whole concert. Steve finally turned to me and said that we have to take our camera absolutely everywhere we go, including the grocery store and church! (I'm not so sure about bringing it to church, but I get what he's saying.) Besides not having any pictures of the night, we had an amazing time!! Thanks again honey for a great night!
5 comments:
How exciting! I loved Carrie Underwood on American Idol. She seemed so sweet and she's so pretty. Sorry you didn't have your camera. That's a bummer. Surprises are so fun!
Two words: You suck. I love Carrie Underwood, I'd have given my left leg to go see her in concert!
I'm so jealous!!! I wanted to go so badly but Mike wouldn't go with me. I almost bought a ticket for myself right by the stage but thought that might be pretty pathetic to go to a concert by myself. JEALOUS!!!
Hi Amy! I'm Adrian (Angie's good friend!) She was just at my house and told me about your blog and so I had to come look (hope you don't mind)! First of all, Happy big 3-0 Steve! He was seriously like a big brother to me growing up! Did he ever tell you that he took us to an N*SYNC concert because we weren't old enough to go by ourselves! I know what a sacrifice it was for him (or maybe he secretly loved it) but I'll always be thankful! Second, looks like you had a very fun trip to Idaho! I loved all the pics of Baby Tyson! Third (and probably most important), I am so DANG jealous that you went to see Carrie Underwood! I seriously love her! I know that we could be good friends soley based on that. I would happy for you to look at my blog. I recently made it private so email at adrianabanana7@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invitation to view it!
How fun! I only know a few of her songs (I don't listen to much country anymore) but it's always fun to see a concert. I totally know what you mean about feeling like you know the person personally after watching them perform! What a fun night for you guys!
Post a Comment