Sunday, July 20, 2008

Melting in Phoenix!

Our weekend was centered around our activities on Saturday. We drove up to Phoenix Friday night and stayed the night with my parents even though we didn't even get to see my mom and we only saw my dad for a little bit. Next time for sure! Saturday we went to the temple which is always great and had the most random thing happen. We ran into Steve's cousin who lives in Idaho! She and her husband were down just for the weekend for a niece's wedding. We were walking out of the temple when we saw her, it was so crazy! What are the chances of that?

After that we headed to the Diamondbacks game. It was super busy so we ended up parking so far away. We were literally puddles of sweat by the time we got in the ballpark. It was miserable. And even though the park is air conditioned, I don't think we really cooled down until the car ride home. I don't have any pictures, I think we were just too hot to even get out the camera. Remind me why people thought it was a good idea to live in Arizona?! Then on the way home we had to deal with the opposite when there were huge monsoon storms all the way home. It got pretty bad in parts and since I was driving, I told Steve I deserved a medal for getting us home safely! It was a long day for sure, but we still had a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

glad you are a good sport because sweating like a pig and walking forever to get to the game just doesn't sound like much fun to me!!!!

Carrie said...

Oh being able to keep my face this summer from melting off has been nice. :)

Kara said...

It's nice to be able to just open your windows to cool off your house :) Come visit us! You won't melt here :)

Anonymous said...

I think people just got sick of walking and said "I can't take it anymore, this is where we're staying!" :) As for the rest of us that voluntarily live here, we're all nuts!!!